Carrot is a vegetable that we add in our diet regularly. Due to its regular usage, it might get bored. So to have it in different, a creamy-style soup is tried here. Other ingredients added to this will add more richness to this. Say, onions improve the flavour of your dish, while potatoes add volume to the soup. A combo of milk and cream give this soup a luxuriant mouth-feel and balanced flavour, while pepper as always gives a flavourful boost.
Boost your immune system with this healthy soup. It’s creamy, sweet and rich in antioxidants. It is packed with vitamins and minerals. This is a perfect soup for your dinner parties.
Also Read:-Do You Know That Almond Is A Brain Booster?
Cuisine Type: Anywhere
Ingredients: (For 3 People)
Carrot cubes: 3 cups, unpeeled
Onion cubes: 1 cup
Potato cubes: 2/4 cup
Milk: ¼ cup
Fresh cream: ¼ cup
Salt: as per the required taste
Black pepper powder: a pinch
- In a pressure cooker, add carrot, onion and potato cubes along with 4 cups of water and cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the mixture to cool and with help of a blender make a smooth puree.
- Strain this mixture.
- Once done, transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan.
- Add salt as per the required taste and mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the milk, fresh cream and a pinch of black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Serve hot.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serving Time: Lunch, Dinner
Recipe’s Health Benefits:
- Loaded with nutrients like fibres, Vitamin A, K, B and C and minerals – potassium and iron.
- Cleanses the body toxins.
- Low in calories and helps in controlling weight loss.
- Carrots are a powerhouse for glowing skin due to a large amount of beta carotene that helps to prevent the degeneration of cells, slows ageing and makes your skin glow.
- Reduces acne faster.
The cream of this Carrot Soup is a sight to behold and a treat to savour, with its lovely orange colour, creamy consistency and mildly-sweet flavour. This recipe requires few ingredients, and it is super easy to make. This is healthy and is good for kids too.