Oats? That sticky? But you know they are rich in soluble fibers that help you to lower cholesterol levels. These soluble fibers help to increase intestinal transit time and reduce glucose absorption. As well as it contains a wide range of nutrients like fiber, vitamin E, essential fatty acids, magnesium, etc.
Now a simple and quick recipe gives you a hand in a healthy diet program. Take a look and try once to see how easy and healthy.
Also Read:-Slow Down Your Ageing By Adding Gooseberries
Type Of Cuisine: South Indian
Ingredients: (For 2 People)
Oats: 1 cup
Yellow lentils (Moong dal): 1/2cup
Ghee: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Red chilli: 3
Black peppercorns: 6 to 8 corns
Ginger: a small piece
Water: 3 cups
Salt: as required per the taste
- Heat a pan, add ghee and temper mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Once mustard seeds pop up, add red chilli, pepper and ginger. Allow them to fry.
- Add oats and yellow lentils (moong dal) and fry slightly.
- Add water and salt.
- Close the pan and allow boiling for 10 minutes.
- Finally, add ghee.
- Now your simple quick oats pongal is ready. Serve hot!
Cooking Time: 15 minute
Recipe’s Health Benefits:
- Prevents cardiovascular disease and constipation.
- Controls sugar levels.
- Reduces risk of cancer and hypertension.
- Protects your skin.
- Supports weight loss.
- A best source of protein.
- Increases body metabolism and immunity.
- Very easy to digest and solves excessive gastric issues.
- Numerous beneficial properties like antioxidant, antibacterial, etc.
- Relieves cold and cough by fighting against infections as well as increasing immunity.
- Highly used for lowering blood pressure.
- Reduces nausea, cold and flu relief.
Today most of us are using oats as morning filler along with milk; sometimes, with fruits and vegetables too. Always consumed as a raw diet food; why don’t you try and change the taste of oats as a pongal? Once in a while for a change! You know this is an excellent breakfast recipe with coconut chutney or sambar. Really oldies love a lot.