Gooseberry Rice Mix
Gooseberry is also called as Amla, a fruit that has a lot of health benefits. As it is known for its goodness required to maintain good health, it is such a wonderful fruit. It is really good to include it in your daily diet with its richest form of Vitamin C. You know, a single gooseberry contains 20 times more Vitamin C than an orange. Including gooseberry regularly in your diet will protect you from cold and cough. It helps in boosting the immune system, slowing down ageing, treating throat infections, reducing sugar level in blood and improving the heart’s health; also helps to remove toxins from your body.
Cuisine Type: Indian
Servings: For 2 people
Prep time – under 10 mins
Cook time – under 10 mins
Gooseberry: 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder: a generous pinch
Sesame oil: 1 tbsp
Cooked rice: 2 cups
Mustard seeds: 3/4 tsp
Urad dal: 1 1/2 tsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Red chillies: 2
Green chilli: 1 (slit)
Ginger: ½ inch piece (finely chopped)
Hing: a generous pinch
Curry leaves: a few
- Measure all ingredients and keep them ready.
- Heat a tbsp of oil and add mustard seeds into it. When it splutters, add chana dal, urad dal, red chillies and hing.
- Saute until dals turn golden brown.
- Now add green chilli, ginger, curry leaves, turmeric powder and saute them for a few seconds.
- Add chopped gooseberry with needed salt and cook until it gets soft.
- When the gooseberry is cooked, add the cooked rice and mix it.
- Now your Gooseberry rice mix is ready and serves it with potato chips or papads.
Health Benefits Of Gooseberry:
- Indian gooseberry is known as the Vitamin C rich fruit.
- Gooseberry enhances nutrient absorption, eliminates free radicals, and helps in flushing out toxins from the system.
- Acts as a powerful antioxidant.
- Relieves from acidity because of its fiber and water content and its great anti-inflammatory properties, it helps in soothing the intestinal lining and thus cures acidity.
- Improves calcium absorption.
- Plays a powerful role in diabetic patients. It is known to stimulate the beta cells which produce the insulin hormone. Thus it helps in better uptake of sugar in the body and reduces sugar spikes.
The powerful antioxidants present in Amla get you to get rid of free radicals which are the main cause of wrinkles, blemishes and age spots.
Having gooseberry raw is very much good. But most of us have a hesitation due to its astringent taste. Trying like these kinds of recipes will aid you to add a perfect health fruit in your diet. Other posts are nearer to up come related to gooseberries, say pickles, juice, jam, fry and so on…