Carrot – Almond Pudding
Making kids to eat nuts is a big deal for us, but don’t worry. Try this recipe; they start nag you for the same.
Almonds are one of the best brain food it contains more riboflavin and some brain protecting antioxidants. It helps to rid the body of toxins thus boosting our child’s immunity. They are called as boon for heart health (zero cholesterol). Rather than raw almonds, soaked almonds have more advantages. Daily a hand full of soaked almonds provide good cholesterol.
In this recipe, I tried soaked almonds with carrot as a pudding. Mainly this is used for vegetable picky eaters. Both carrot and almonds gives great taste and healthy. When coming to the babies, they can’t chew. So the almonds through this recipe, they can feed easily.
Also Read:-Banana Stem To Prevent Kidney Stones!
Cuisine Type: Indian
Ingredients: (For 2 Servings)
Almond: 10 to 15 nuts
Milk: 500 ml
Sugar: 4 to 5 tbsp
Carrot: 2 medium sizes
Cashews: 1 tbsp
Pistachios: 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder: pinch for taste
Saffron: pinch for color (optional)
Cooking Time: 3o minutes
- Soak almonds overnight in water or 4 to 5 hours in hot water.
- Peel carrots and boil it.
- Remove the skin of almonds and blend it.
- Add carrots to the blender and blend it into a smooth paste.
- Take boiled milk, add paste to it and boil together for 10 minutes.
- If you take fresh milk once boil it and then add paste without lumps.
- Now add sugar with this boiling mixture. Allow it to boil for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, add cardamom powder and saffron.
- Once boiled, add finely chopped cashews and pistachios. For more crunchiness, add more pistachios.
- Serve it hot or cold.
Recipe’s Health Benefits:
Almonds give us a good health. A handful of almonds add many vitamins, minerals, fiber and unsaturated healthy fats (healthy fatty acids) in your diet. It improves immunity, excellent energy booster, helps in concentration, strengthens bones & teeth, aids digestion, and regulates cholesterol & diabetes.
Carrots have a number of health benefits. It contains vitamin A (helps in good vision, growth development), good source of several vitamins and minerals.
Every cup of milk has 20% of daily calcium requirement. It has more calcium, protein, vitamins, improves immunity and strong bones.
It is super healthy drink. The color of this recipe attracts the kids to have it. Once in a while you can give this drink instead of milk. It can be served at snack time, tea break or as a dessert. It can be served hot or cold.