Face fat is a very common thing and not a problem. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, there are ways to fix it. So, here is everything that you need to know about face fat.
When fat gets accumulated on the face causing a fuller and puffier appearance, it is called face fat. The face has several layers starting from the bone, muscles, fat and the skin. The build-up of fat takes place in the different fat pockets of the face. This includes the sides of the face, the cheeks, the eyelids, the jawline, the chin and the neck. If your face has gradually swollen around these areas, you have face fat. It makes you self-conscious. Hence, people want to lose face fat. However, face fat may be a sign of obesity.
Different factors that can cause face fat are as below:
- Genetic Factors
While face fat cannot be genetically inherited, it may be due to the bone structure and frame of the face. If the bone structure is broad, it can give the illusion of a bigger face.
- Hormonal Factors
Many women experience a spike in the hormone progesterone right before the period, making facial swelling a common PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) symptom. Medical conditions like hyperthyroidism results in rapid weight gain. Hence, the face becomes bloated.
Lack of water is one of the primary causes of weight gain. A dehydrated body tends to retain as much water as it can. Excess water is stored around the face. When the body realizes a drop in water intake, the facial tissues store water and thus bloat your face.
Drinking is harmful. Going overboard with alcohol intake can cause face fat. Alcohol is high in calories, low in nutrients and makes the body dehydrated.
It causes the weakening of the muscles and the ligaments that hold the fat pockets on the face. Hence, the fat relocates to other areas of the face, making it chubbier.
- Stress and aging are major factors that cause face fat.
Consumption of junk food, carbs and sodium-rich food is responsible for fat accumulation. Lack of nutrients can cause face fat.
Bloating is a common symptom of unhealthy digestion. Allergy is another contributing factor for face fat.
- Home Remedies
You can try several home remedies to reduce face fat. It will help you in getting rid of face fat making your skin beautiful and glowing.
- Green Tea
Rich in antioxidants, green tea boosts the metabolism and helps get rid of toxins. Drink 2-3 cups of green tea. The caffeine content of green tea gets excreted through urine after up to six hours. Hence, it helps your body to reduce water retention. It is a favorite beverage to lose fat.
Milk has several essential nutrients that tighten your skin. It acts as an anti-aging agent and helps retain the skin elasticity. Massage raw milk in the face and neck. Wash with lukewarm water. It will help to get rid of a double chin.
Apply a watery paste of honey and milk cream on the face as well as neck. Rinse it after few minutes. Consume milk to enhance skin moisture.
Lemons are beneficial in burning fat and reducing inflammation. Drink warm lemon water in the morning for a healthy metabolism. Mix few lemon drops in a glass of warm water. Add 1/4th teaspoon of honey. Drink on an empty stomach to get better results. It serves as one of the most effective ways to lose fat from the entire body.
Turmeric is ideal for getting rid of face fat. Apply a paste of Turmeric, gram flour and yogurt on your face to get rid of accumulated fats, signs of aging, wrinkles and stretch marks.
- Egg Whites
Egg contains Vitamin A which helps improve the resilience of the skin and retain its elasticity. Blend two egg whites with one tablespoon of milk, honey and lemon juice. Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil. Apply on the face and neck. Rinse off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
Apply a paste of two egg whites with some apple cider vinegar and a pinch of Epsom salt.
Almonds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin E and B6. Vitamin E in almonds helps your facial skin to retain its elasticity and the unsaturated fatty acids help to replace the fatty acids for younger-looking skin. Eat almonds or apply almond oil on the face and neck.
Glycerin keeps the skin tight and healthy due to its hydrating properties. Mix one tablespoon of glycerin with some peppermint oil and half a tablespoon of Epsom salt. Apply it to the face and neck. Rinse off with water after 25 minutes.
- Vitamin E
It enhances the ability of the stratum corneum to balance out humidity. This helps to reduce face fat. Use Vitamin E oil for your facial massage. Include food that is rich in Vitamin E such as nuts and seeds, beans, green leafy vegetables, soybeans, peanuts, dairy, brown rice, barley and legumes in your diet.
- Hot Towel Treatment
The hot towel treatment helps tightens and rejuvenate the skin by causing the skin to sweat. Soak a towel in hot water. Squeeze out the extra water and press it on the face. Repeat it 5 times. It will open the skin pores. Alternatively, take steam through a steamer.
- Cucumber Peel Mask/ Clay Mask
Apply a paste of cucumber on your face. It will reduce swelling due to its cooling effect.
Clay mask tends to absorb water and oil from beneath the skin through osmosis providing instant results. It also increases the collagen level of the skin.
Extra fat in the face is a frustrating problem to solve. Fortunately, the face has much thinner fat deposits. You can try a combination of the following methods for a faster fat loss:
- Full Body Exercise
Exercise may help lose face fat in a week. Here are all the exercises for a slimmer body and a slimmer face.
Running is the easiest way to lose weight. Running twice a week for at least 20 minutes is a good start.
Cardio helps promote fat burning and increase fat loss faster than other exercises.
- Face Exercise and Yoga
- Facial exercises and facial yoga improve facial appearance, combat aging, tone facial muscles and improve muscle strength. Here are some effective face yoga poses that can help you burn face fat.
- Lift your chin towards the ceiling and fix your eyes on a spot. Now curl your lower lip over your upper and hold for 10 seconds. Smile while your lower lip is still curled and hold for 10 seconds. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Open your eyes and stick your tongue out. Try to touch your chin with the tongue. Hold for few seconds. It will make your face slimmer, strengthen your facial muscles and reduce fat from lower parts of your cheeks.
- Make a fish face so your lips pout out. Here’s the challenge, try to smile in this position and hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Say the letter ‘X’ and ‘O’ several times alternately. Exaggerate and stretch your mouth as much as you can when saying the letters. Repeat for 3-5 minutes. This will give a good facial workout to achieve a sculpted face.
- Push your lower lip forward until you feel stressed near your ears. Hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat it for 10-15 times. It reduces fat from the lower portions of your face.
- Smile widely. Hold a big smile for 10 seconds. Repeat 10-15 times. It will help you get rid of fat on your cheeks.
- Chewing Sugar-free Gum is the best workout to get rid of face fat. It is effective in keeping your muscles active as well as toned.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a healthy and balanced diet to lose face fat:
- Watch Your Sodium Intake. Excess sodium intake causes bloating, facial puffiness and swelling.
- Water plays an important role in overall health, especially if you want to lose facial fat. It can keep you feeling full and increase weight loss while enhancing your metabolism.
- Eating right. Cut down on carbs and junk food. Whole grains can help in overall weight loss and facial fat loss. Include Broccoli, green leafy vegetables, Tomato juice, Chia seeds, Cinnamon, Hot peppers and Whole cereals in the diet.
- A sleep cycle is important to burn more fat. Switch up your sleep cycle to 7-8 hours and notice the difference in metabolism.
- A facial massage helps to increase blood circulation, tighten your facial skin, flush out toxins, reduce sinus pressure, puffiness and water retention. Massage face for a few minutes to get rid of face fat, especially from cheeks and chin. For better and quicker benefits of facial massage, use facial massage tools or machines. Jade rollers are an effective face slimming tool. Give yourself 10 minutes a day and massage those problems right off.
- Face Fat Reduction Creams
- Face fat reduction creams help in face tightening, firming and lifting. They have anti-aging properties and make facial skin firmer and nourished. These creams claim to lift facial contours. Try face creams to lose face fat, signs of aging and get a slimmer face.