Plants and trees add elegance to the houses. However, certain plants are highly compatible with Vastu and would do wonders for the positivity of your home. One need to choose the right plants as per the Vastu for home needs to avail the maximum benefits along with positive vibes. If plants don’t comply with the principles of Vastu Shastra and direction, they can bring forth inauspicious luck for the inhabitants of the house. Below is a comprehensive list of Vastu Shastra plants and trees which can bring positivity and harmony in your house.
Also Read:- Vastu tips for kid’s room
- Holy Basil or ‘Tulsi’ is considered sacred and auspicious. It must be put in the North, East, or the North-East direction. It purifies the digestive and circulatory system by removing toxins from the blood. It acts as an air purifier. Hence, its role in Vastu Shastra is highly regarded.
- Lucky Bamboo Plant promotes luck and peace. It brings wealth and fame. Do not use a dwarfed bamboo plant. Yellow-colored bamboo bark is preferred over the dark-colored bamboo bark. It is one of the most widely used lucky plants for home. Bamboo brings long life and good fortune. Plant it in the North East or South East.
- Money Plant is the popular indoor plants. Money Plant brings wealth and prosperity for the homeowners. It should be placed in either the north or east. Money Plants can be placed indoors and bedrooms but not near the headrest or footrest of the beds. It is considered very lucky to place Money Plants in balconies however it should be placed in the northeast side of the balcony. Money is linked to Venus. It is said to increase the bond between husband and wife.
- The presence of a Neem tree elicits positivity. Neem tree is considered auspicious. It has medicinal properties. Neem tree is placed in the North-West corner. The air passing through the neem plant should flow through the windows of the bedroom which is considered beneficial for health.
Also Read:- What are the Vastu tips for home?
- According to the scriptures, the holy plant of Banana symbolizes Lord Vishnu. On Thursdays, the banana plant is worshipped along with Lord Vishnu. The banana plant should be placed in the northeast. A banana plant is considered as pure as a Basil plant. It increases income and results in tasks being accomplished quickly. It can be placed near the Tulsi plant.
- Peony is a beautiful, auspicious, and bright flower. It stands for optimism. It is bright and elegant. It is used as a metaphor for female reproduction, love, and femininity. Those who want to find love should plant Peonies in the south-west corner. The color red represents divine rituals. It is an exquisite flower, a symbol of peace, goodness, and value.
- The beautiful yellow Chrysanthemum flower stands for happiness and optimism. Buddhists decorate their altars with Chrysanthemum flower. It symbolizes positivity and attracts good fortune. It is best placed in the living room. It should not be placed in the bedroom.
- According to Vastu, Plum Blossoms promotes harmony, positivity, and wealth. It is best placed in the north-east or northern side of the house. Plum Blossoms can be planted in any part of the house garden.
- The Daffodil flower symbolizes faith, forgiveness, honesty, and truth. It is best planted in the north or north-east direction of the house. It brings out hidden talents and considered to bring fortunes and luck. It is a pleasant flower. Do not select the dwarfed variety of Daffodils which is small in size and doesn’t promote positivity.
- The Lotus stands for strength, morality, and purity. It is placed in front of the house to reap maximum benefits. It can be placed indoors as well. The Lotus is associated with the Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Buddha. It is believed to bring in wealth and prosperity and is one of the most auspicious Vastu plants for home. Buddhists consider Lotus as the holy seat of Buddha. From root to petals, every part of the plant has medicinal properties.
- The sweet-smelling flowers of the Jasmine can uplift the mood with its fragrance. It attracts positive energy and soothes frayed nerves. It promotes harmony and romance. Place the Jasmine indoors near a south-facing window and outdoors, in the north, east, or northeast.
- Vastu plants that can be grown in the kitchen garden are Mint, Green Chilli and Coriander. These plants are Vastu compliant and have health benefits. Some other auspicious trees & plants are Anaar (Pomegranate), Dal Chini (Cinnamon), Rose, Punnag/ Naag Champa, Kesar, Bakul, Champa, Parijata and Chameli. Green Chili or any other green Vastu plant would reap benefits if placed in the South Eastside
- Ashoka increases the bonding in the family members. These trees can be planted on all the four directions of the house.
- Plant Rose, Chameli, Bela, Mogra, Marigold, and Sunflower along with medicinal plants such as Lemongrass, Coriander, Fennel, Ginger, Turmeric, etc in the North, East or the North East. Planting trees with red flowers, such as rose and Gulhomar in the South helps in increasing the social status of the house owner.
- Amla is also considered lucky. This can be planted in the North East or East, but at a little distance from the house.
- The Pomegranate tree can be planted in the South East. It is said to bring in a lot of success and prosperity to the residents when the fruit ripens.
- A Bilvpatra or bel tree planted in the North West eradicates many Vastu doshas.
- Tamarind trees when planted in the South West are considered lucky. They are thought to lengthen the lifespan of the people who live in the house.
Also Read:-Role Of Women In The Family!
- A touch-me-not can be planted in the North. Plants with fragrant flowers such as Champa, Nag champa, Mogra, and Raatrani are considered to be auspicious and can be planted outside your home.
- The presence of Mango, Coconut, Sandalwood, Nagkeshar, etc, at an appropriate distance from the house, in any direction, is considered good.
- Never keep a bonsai plant at home. According to Vastu, it will cause stagnation of finances. However, if these are artificial, their negative energy reduces to a great extent.