Also Read:-How to Follow Weight Loss Program in Period?
Premenstrual syndrome is a condition that is experienced by a woman during her menstrual cycle. The symptoms of this condition usually start 5 to 11 days before the menses date. Once the menstruation begins, naturally the symptoms will go away. More than 80 percent of the women are going through this condition. Actual causes of PMS are unknown. But some researchers consider that it may be due to the change in hormones such as estrogen and progesterone. When the level of these hormones increases, she may experience mood swings, anxiety and irritability.
Symptoms Of PMS
A regular menstrual cycle means, a woman gets her periods in every 28 days. It may vary from woman to woman. For a woman who gets her normal periods ovulation will occur on the 14th day of the cycle and after 14 days of ovulation bleeding will start. Symptoms of PMS are experienced during the ovulation time and may last 5 to 6 days after menstruation.
The main symptoms of PMS are;
- Abdominal pain
- Bloating in the abdomen
- Desire to have more sweets
- Emotional changes
- Sore breasts
Do you have any of these symptoms during your menstrual cycle?
If these problems are not affecting your day to day activities you need not consult a doctor because it will go away after a few days. But if you have severe pain or mood swings that you are unable to manage then it would be better to get a medical advice.
How To Manage These Symptoms?
There are some simple methods that help you to ease these symptoms
- Drink 7 to 8 glasses of water a day. You can include healthy fruit juices also. This will reduce the bloating in the abdomen.
- 8 hours of proper sleep will decrease your fatigue.
- Eat a balanced diet that will improve your overall health and keep you energize.
- In take health supplements such as vitamin B6, calcium, folic acid. This will help you to manage your mood swings.
- Limit the consumption of sugar, salt, caffeine and alcohol.
- Daily exercise will help to reduce the bloating, stress and other problems. Apart from that you can practice yoga or meditation which will improve your mental health and keep you fit and healthy.
People say its gift for girls as they are born as girls. Because this one thing makes them to handle their highest physical pain, i.e., liver pain and emotionally they are getting practiced for handling any situations. And this can be harder than anything thing; just overcoming this, will be a good practice for other emotional handling.
Also Read:-Why Head Needs A Pillow While Sleeping?