- Is Ghee Good for Our Health
- Does Ghee Make Us Fatty
- Is Ghee Healthier Than Butter
- What Is The Best Time to Eat Ghee
- Best Ways to Add Ghee in Your Daily Diet
Ghee is the nutritious form that comes from milk and provides ample of health benefits while served regularly. In ancient time, it was considered on an inseparable part of cooking, but after a few decades, people started avoiding ghee due to the fatty content exist in this tasty buttery substance. However, it has made a grand comeback into our kitchen in recent years due to its undeniable health benefits. Although the debates on the healthiness of ghee are continues and often people seem curious about whether it is a superior choice than butter or not. So today, let our discussion flows over this topic of ghee and its healthiness along with the clarification on how ghee is better than butter, take a look-
Is Ghee Good for Our Health?
Ghee is rich in vitamin A, E, CLA acid, beneficial fatty acid, etc. which all have nutritious value and provide helping hand in enhancing our health. From increasing our strength to improving our skin cells, and controlling our appetite to fighting the signs of breast cancer; ghee works exceptionally well in every field.
Thus we can admit that ghee is a healthy substance, but the higher level of saturated fats found in ghee makes it a matter of concern for people who have heart conditions. According to recent studies on ghee, it is claimed that ghee is one big reason for coronary artery diseases in India. Also, it is calorie-dense food thus can cause of turn fatty, if you don’t focus on the proportions.
Does Ghee Make Us Fatty?
Earlier, it was misunderstood that ghee can cause massive weight gain to a human body. But after several analyses, it is claimed that ghee never causes for weight gain and actually can shed some pounds if you know how or when to add it in your diet! Depending on the analysis, ghee has a beneficial acid content named Conjugated Linoleic Acid. It is one type of omega-6 fatty acids which aids in reducing stored fats from our cells and escalating lean body mass.
Besides, ghee also contains a small amount of omega-3 fatty acid which promotes our initiatives of weight loss optimally. Ghee comes with no-lactose and casein qualities, which help burn belly fat as well as get you a flat tummy effortlessly.
Also Read:-How to start eating healthier
Is Ghee Healthier Than Butter?
To identify which is a greater choice between ghee and butter, you must spot the differences between them. Nutrition experts claim that ghee is a healthier choice than butter from several aspects, let’s see how-
- Ghee takes apart milk form fats and is a lactose-free substitute, while butter is a full-fat dairy product, thus not suitable for people with lactose intolerance
- Ghee contains more calories and saturated fats than butter but helps to control your appetite for a long while
- Ghee has upper smoke point than butter, thus you can cook ghee on a higher point of flame than butter
- Ghee us unprocessed fat and thus much healthier to promote our health than butter
- Ghee contains a high amount of Vitamin A along with Omega-3 fatty acid, while butter has only a moderate amount of vitamin A, thus ghee is a better choice for health
- Ghee take more time to absorb in our body than butter, as it takes more time to digest and this good for controlling our hunger
- Ghee is known for providing a shield against some chronic diseases like carcinogens, diabetes, artery plague, etc.
- Ghee is easier to store in your kitchen while butter must be kept in your refrigerator to store
- Ghee also provides help in reducing body inflammation and promoting gut health, thus considers a better choice than butter
So, if you are lactose intolerant or want to cook on high flame then, ghee is a better choice for you. In short, ghee and butter share a small number of dissimilarities and quite the same amount of nutrition values too. Thus, if you ever wonder what is better ghee or butter, we can say ghee is a bit better in general, but only if you are not diagnosed with any type of heart condition.
Also Read:-What to eat for a healthy diet
What Is The Best Time to Eat Ghee?
Ghee takes more time to digest thus, nutrition experts suggest including ghee in your breakfast and lunch meals. Try to consume 1 teaspoon of ghee every morning in an empty stomach to get the best nutritious benefit from it.
You can consume ghee every day or include in your daily diet unworriedly but just make sure you have limits on the proportion. Eating ghee in your dinner meal also a good idea, but try to take it hot water instead of in cooking items for the best outcome, as ghee at night can improve your bowel movement and digestion expertly.
Also Read:-Role Of Women In The Family!
Best Ways to Add Ghee in Your Daily Diet:
To drag out the best nutrition value from ghee, we must know how to add it to our daily cooking recipes. Some of the best ways to include ghee in our regular dishes are as follows-
- Use for sautéing vegetables, meat, eggs, etc.
- Fry sweet items in ghee for a better taste like fruit fitters, ghevar, homemade fry sweets, etc.
- Use ghee as the final coating element in your roasting dishes lies meat, seafood, fish, vegetables, etc.
- Use ghee to make tadka or the final spicy sauce that we use to apply on lentils
- Apply melted ghee on handmade bread or bread slices as butter
- Stir 1 tablespoon of ghee into a plate full of hot rice or unflavored noodles
- Use ghee for greasing coat while making some baking dish like cake, bread, pies, muffins, etc. at home
- You can also use a spoonful of fresh ghee in the cookie mix of homemade cookies
- Use ghee in your pudding mix instead of butter and see how creamier you pudding can be
- And ghee also tastes great in the mix of butter coffee or coffee-milk shake or any type of creamy beverages.