We have heard many styles of dieting and intermittent dieting is one of the freshest ones among them. This is a very hard type of fasting that includes calorie intake restriction, cutting on the meal, elimination of some food and some regular fasting schedules in healthy order. The best part of this type of diet is that it allows you to count the sleeping hours too in your fasting period.
There are a number of benefits you can get from an intermittent diet if you do it properly. Losing some massive amount of weight in a shorter period is the most excellent outcome one can get from an ideal intermittent diet program. Here we come up with some basic information about this verified diet plan along with a few typical queries which often come to our mind about an intermittent diet program. Let’s check them out below-
- What is an intermittent fasting
- Why do this type of fasting
- How to do it perfectly
- How to practice and how to get used to an intermittent fasting
- Best foods to include in an intermittent fasting
What Is Intermittent Fasting?
This is a special type of dieting depending on diet schedule that is based on a special fasting cycle. The meal plan for the intermittent fasting balances between a voluntary fasting, none-fasting, and restricted eating schedules. The main theme of this type of fasting is divided into three main categories, they are-
- Alternate-day fasting
- Periodic fasting
- And time-restricted fasting
It is considered a FAD diet now, which gained immense popularity for a particular period of time and stays in the trend for some limited time frame. The most regarding the quality of intermittent dieting are that losing weight in the fastest way and gaining some nonsensical health improvements over time.
Also Read:-Keto Diet Plan To Lose Weight!
Why Do This Type Of Fasting?
The benefits of intermittent fasting are myriad on our body as well as health. Some of the most certified advantages of this program are as follows-
- Promotes excessive weight lose
- Helps to reduce blood levels of insulin
- Stimulates the emission of human growth hormone
- The body gets induced by significant cellular repair
- Promotes the longevity and protection against diseases by fortifying genes and molecules
- Effective in eliminating belly fat rapidly
- Diminishes the insulin resistance reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Decreases the risk of heart disease
- Benefits your brain health by controlling oxidative stress
- Decreases inflammation controls blood sugar level
- Prevents Alzheimer illness
- Helps to expand your lifespan
- And sometimes, it helps to prevent the signs of cancer too.
How To Do An Intermittent Fasting Perfectly:
To practice the intermittent fasting flawlessly you must go through a few certain and unavoidable steps in order, they are as follows-
1. First of all, consult a health expert or a doctor and know about your health condition first.
2. Intermittent fasting is a harsh type of dieting, so you must be certain about the health situation and whether you are able to take the harshness or not.
3. It provides a highly effective impact on your regular metabolism system so, you must be aware of whether your body is capable of handling the intermittent fasting or not.
4. Set a weight-loss goal at the beginning and try to reach that goal anyhow at the end of your course.
5. Be familiar with the schedule of intermittent fasting and learn how to set it with your regular routine without giving any additional effort on it.
6. Follow a schedule that is easy to follow with your daily routine and don’t give any trouble to your normal health.
7. Count your calorie intake and limit it within 2000 calories daily for men and 1500 calorie for women.
8. Try not to alter diet often, it will hamper your entire fasting schedule badly.
9. Attempt not to be harsh on yourself from the very beginning of intermittent and allow a few small healthy snack windows in between the fasting periods.
10. Set your fasting period during the sleeping time, so then, you will have less severity of fasting from an intermittent dieting.
11. Try to drink lots of water throughout the day so you can stay hydrated even during the time of fasting.
12. And finally, add some foods in your eating period which help you from being weak or lack of energy even during the days of fasting.
Also Read:-How To Manage Weight By Using Oats?
How To Practice And How To Get Used To An Intermittent Fasting Easily:
To get used to this type of harsh dieting schedule you must know the exact program of intermittent fasting first depending on the 24-hour time schedule. Here is a little idea of how it exactly should be-
It should be started from the night of the previous day of the fasting-
- Try to eat the last meal of the day around 9.30 pm to 10 pm.
- Drink 2 cups of drinking water after a period of half an hour.
- Don’t eat or drink anything before 12 hours of the gap and then drink at least 1 l of water in the next day morning with 1 serving of protein powder or green powder, which saves you from being weak.
- Drink 1 cup of green tea after a gap of 5- hours along with the capsules of essential amino acid which work similarly in fasting like protein powder.
- Eat some healthy snacks like steamed vegetables, homemade soup, baked veggie sticks, etc.
- Wait for 30 minutes to 45 minutes and drink 500 ml of drinking water before going to bed.
- On the next day eat normally following the normal eating schedule and follow the fasting schedule in the very next day again.
- Only try to add foods in your eating day which are low in calories and carbs to reach your weight reducing goal as soon as probable.
Best Foods To Include In An Intermittent Diet Plan:
The required nutrient value of a human body remains the same even in the intermittent. So, this time also you need to consume a certain amount of protein, carbs, fats, vitamins, minerals, all healthy nutrients which are essential for our body. The most excellent food category to include in a perfect intermittent diet are-
Protein is a great nutrient to consume even during the fasting program, as it is the most excellent component to keep you strong even after such a harsh fasting schedule. Try to consume lean protein and plant protein more than heavy animal protein for the best result. Some helpful items in this regard are-
- Poultry items
- Dairy products
- Lentils and legumes
- Soy products
- And whole grain products
Try to restrict your fat consumption in an intermittent diet to reach the goal of weight-reducing more quickly. Include good fats and eliminate bad fats from your eating list in a perfect intermittent diet plan. Saturated fats are a great choice to include in this type of diet. Some preferable foods here are-
- Dark chocolate
- Fatty fish
- Full-fat yogurt
- And olive oil
Carbohydrates have an intimate and inseparable connection with calories, thus you must mind your carbs intake in an intermittent diet plan. Carbs divert into energy when consuming at a limited level but turn to store in your body when consumed in a higher amount by a person. Try to alter fiber-rich foods with carbohydrates to get the more beneficial effect of your intermittent diet in reality. Some advantageous foods in this attempt are-
- Sweet potato
- Kidney beans
- Chia seeds
- Almonds and
- Brussels sprouts
For Water Content:
It is essential to stay hydrated during the days of an intermittent diet. Drinking water would not be enough for your proper hydration level during a fasting period, you must include a few foods in this time which are rich in water content. Some of the beneficial foods in this regard are-
- Plain yogurt
- And herbal teas.
Some other nutrients like minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, gut-friendly bacteria, etc. are crucial to living a vigorous life even during the days of fasting. These nutrients strengthen our normal immune power and keep us strong even when we skip meals during the days of intermittent fasting. Some must-includable foods in this regard are as follows-
- All fresh vegetables
- Vegetable greens
- Fresh and seasonal fruits
- Organic products
- And green tea
intermittent fasting is not a diet, it’s a way of scheduling your meals so that you get the most out of them. You can learn a lot about intermittent fasting by reading the given article.