Masala Veggie Oats
Now-a-days so many people are conscious about weight and taking care about their body. Regularly, so many are having oats for breakfast with milk. But, for a change I tried oats differently and it was “Wow! Nice. ” Try this recipe.
I tired oats with tomato as upma full of veggies. It fully fills your stomach and delight for your taste hungry tongue. Add with more fiber, vitamins, minerals to your diet. It is easy, healthy and delicious. By doing this, you can maintain a good health as well as your body weight.
Cuisine Type: Indian
Ingredients: (for 2 servings)
Oats: 1 cup
Tomato: 2 medium sizes
Onion: 1 big size
Carrot: ¼ cup
French beans: ¼ cup
Green peas: ¼ cup
Curry leaves: 6 to 7 leaves
Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
Chana (Bengal gram) dal: 1 teaspoon
Urad dal: 1 teaspoon
Ginger: ½ tea spoon
Green chilies: 2 chilies
Coriander leaves: 2 tablespoons
Ghee: 1 to 1.5 spoons
Salt: as required
Water: 3 cups
- Peel the onion and finely chop it. Paste tomatoes in blender.
- Heat 1tsp of ghee in a cooker. Add mustard seeds stir it.
- Once seeds are started to splutter, add the cumin seeds, chana dal and urad dal.
- Stir and sauté till chana dal gets brown.
- Add ginger, curry leaves and chilies.
- Add chopped onions, stir and sauté till onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped carrots, beans, green peas and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and stir it.
- Add oats and stir it once to remove raw smell.
- Add water and close the cooker make it for 2 whistles.
- Add ½ tsp of ghee and serve it with garnishing of coriander leaves with lemon.
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Recipe’s Health Benefits:
It prevents cardiovascular disease, constipation, controls sugar levels, reduces the risk, reduces hypertension, protects skin, and supports weight loss.
Tomatoes are technically being a fruit, but generally it is categorized as a vegetable. They are major source of antioxidant mainly lycopene, which has linked too many health benefits, including reducing heart risks and cancer. There are a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin K. These are low in carbohydrates, consists of simple sugar and in soluble fibers.
Ginger is healthiest and delicious among all spices. It is used for many medical purposes. It has anti-inflammatory, reduces blood sugar, improves heart diseases risk, treats nausea, protects from cancer and helps to fight infections.
It has antiviral, antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties. It promotes digestion, healthy bones, improves immunity, bone development and density.
You can add more veggies like cauliflower, beetroot, potato, etc… for more taste. Add pinch of garam masala and ginger-garlic paste for masala taste. You can try in a pan by adding boiled veggies. Try this and get a different taste.