India is a tropical country that’s why blessed with different change seasons like summer, cold and autumn. By these changing seasons so many changes occurs in our diets as well as food quality and quantity. In the summer, due to very hot weather and humidity we have to eat coolants as well as easily digestible food. On the other hand we should consumed heat-generating foods because these types of foods generate heat during digestion process during the winters, which are able to generate heat for protect from cold. The ancient wisdom passed on through generations has woven in a number of such warm foods into the winter diet. Among all these food items, jaggery is a hot food item. During winter Jaggery called a superfood which is basically unrefined sugar, and also a healthier alternative for it. Adding jaggery in your diet during winter can give a boost to your immunity, health, and skin and hair quality. Jaggery has the capability to dilate blood vessels, allowing more blood circulation. Jaggery is made from the juice of sugarcane, which is heated to produce thick crystals. It contains sugar in sucrose form and is used in many food products as a sweetening agent.Experts recommend buying jaggery darker in color, as they are less adulterated and healthiest alternatives to sugar. Not only is it known for rich in iron and vitamin C content, but also famous as a good remedy for respiratory disorders and throat problems. As well as jaggery can be used as an alternative of white refined sugar. Jaggery can be used in many Indian desserts leaving a distinct flavor.
Also Read:-7 Amazing Health Benefits Of Palm Sugar – A Healthier Sweet
4 Reasons Why You Must Eat Jaggery In Winter?
- Jaggery is loaded with different types of nutrition as it is rich in fiber and vital nutrients and is free from chemicals. The anti-allergic properties of jaggery make it an excellent remedy to control diseases like asthma, bronchitis, allergies and other respiratory diseases.
- Jaggery helps to boosts your metabolism and also known for the great source of energy. In Ayurveda, jaggery is used for the treatment of different kinds of health problems like, anxiety, migraines, digestion problems and fatigue.
- Some people can feel difficulties in breathing due to pollution, hay, dangerous fiber or allergic by pollen. When we breathe in polluted air, different types of allergens and viruses can enter our lungs through our nasal passage and could be the reason of different kind of respiratory diseases which can be chronic with time. We cannot be cured these respiratory diseases completely, but we can control it by adding jaggery in our diet.
- Generally when we suffer with cold and throat infection we always try cough syrups, but using cough syrups can give us some side effects like feeling tired or sleepy but homemade Ayurvedic Kadha for your Cold and Flu could be very useful without any side effects as well as it is very easy to make. Cinnamon, cloves, ginger this all has natural qualities to fight with cold and have no side effects. Using all these ingredients for making this Ayurveda Kaadha give bonus points for us.
Also Read:-Sugarcane Juice During Pregnancy : 7 Health Benefits To Reduce Morning Sickness
- 2-3 cloves
- Half spoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 2 cardamoms
- A small piece of ginger
- One piece of jaggery
- Small pinch of black pepper
- One teaspoon of coffee powder
- One glass of water
How To Make:-
Now add all these ingredients in one glass of water and keep it for 5 to 7 minutes for boiling. Pour the mixture through a sieve, Keep the liquid and discard the rest. Now the ayurvedic kadha is ready. This Kadha will really work on your throat infection and cold related problem. Have this drink 3-4 times in a day to get instant relief.
Also Read:-Charu Rasam – Relieves Constipation With Tamarind
Health Benefits Of Jaggery:-
- Menstrual cramps are very painful feeling for every woman that can affect many women before and during her menstrual period. If you are suffering with periods cramps then eating a piece of jaggery can give you instant relief for it because jaggery is loaded with many antioxidants and minerals like zinc, magnesium and selenium, which can help women combat PMS symptoms including mood swings, cramps and abdominal pain. You can eat a small piece of jaggery with warm milk during your periods. If you want to instant relief then drink it twice a day during your period.
- Jaggery has quality to activates the digestive enzymes in our body, stimulates bowel movements. Because by stimulating bowel movement jaggery can be helpful for preventing and relieving from constipation. Constipation is a condition in which feel difficulties in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened faeces. Adding a small piece of jaggery in your diet could activate your digestive system and can help keep all these problems like acidity, indigestion, and constipation and flatulence ailments away.
- Jaggery is loaded with potassium and sodium, which play an important role in the maintenance of acid levels in our body. So we can say that it is helpful for matting our blood pressure level.
- Jaggery is famous as a natural and effective blood purifier since ancient times. When you consume jaggery in limited quantity on regular basis then jaggery will help to purify your blood by removing all kinds of impurities from your blood. If your blood is clean that means disease cannot easily attack on your body. Jaggery eliminates the clotted blood from our body which further provide helps in cleansing the blood.
Jaggery is known to be beneficial for throat problems because jaggery has the power of reduces the irritation and dryness in the throat by creating a soothing layer on the inner lining of the throat.