Like any other fad, meditation has caught the imagination of the world. There are gurus who teach who methods to meditate, others teach exercise to help you meditate…. But have you ever thought what meditation is exactly. Meditation is the state of mind that is fully aware of itself and its capabilities. The power to control the mind over the body is, what meditation is.
The state of thoughtless awareness is meditation. You could be doing your daily chores and still be meditating, or sitting in a quiet serene spot with your eyes closed channelizing all your energies towards your chakras. The true deep and profound peace that surrounds you with a prevailing sense of calm yet alert is the essence of meditation.
Meditation is the most effective way to reduce stress and improves the quality of life. It has been a way of life in the Indian Subcontinent for centuries. The eastern hemisphere of the globe has long practiced meditation and benefitted from its magnificent results. The Hindu and the Buddhist religions both preach meditation in an enormous way. Shiva is often seen in deep meditation amidst the Himalayas, while Buddha sits serenely under the Bodhi tree. Enlightenment or awareness is all that we strive for, to look beyond the petty things and see the bigger truth of our existence.
It is easy to lose control of your emotions when surrounded by the nitty gritty’s of life. Anger, resentment, jealousy overpower the positive emotions of love and happiness causing turmoil in our mind. One way to overcome these agonizing sentiments is to motivate yourself by reading meditation quotes.
These meditation quotes help us to keep on track and inspire us in day to day life and work.
- “Learn this from water: loud splashes the brook but the oceans depth are calm.”
- “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
These meditation quotes are meant to encourage us to be better human beings in this life.
- “As gold purified in a furnace loses its impurities and achieves its own true nature, the mind gets rid of the impurities of the attributes of delusion, attachment and purity through meditation and attains Reality.” – Adi Shankara
- “Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better, it’s about befriending who we are.” – Ani Pema Chodron
- “Meditation is all about the pursuit of nothingness. It’s like the ultimate rest. It’s better than the best sleep you’ve ever had. It’s a quieting of the mind.”
- “Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in eternal awareness or pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.” Voltaire
You get peace of mind not by thinking about it or imagining it, you get it by quietening and relaxing the restless mind.