Chicken is one of the most versatile meats to work with while cooking. It is low in calories and is high in protein too. The different cuts can be used to prepare a range of dishes that are easy to make and mouth-watering too. Chicken breast is one such cut which is juicy and delicious and is ready in minutes. There are many healthy recipes for chicken breast, and I’m going to share my favorite one with you.
This healthy recipe for chicken breast is easy to make and just needs to be marinated and then cooked. You can leave it with the marinade overnight and then cook. The pineapple juice, ketchup, soy sauce, and ginger mixture for these marinated chicken breasts acts double duty as both a marinade and baste for the chicken. If you want extra flavor, don’t toss the marinade once you’re ready to cook the chicken. Instead, use it as a basting liquid as the chicken cooks.
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade; place remaining marinade in a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Chill 4 hours.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade in bag. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; baste with 2 tablespoons reserved marinade. Cook 6 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with 2 tablespoons reserved marinade. Cook 6 minutes.
- Combine rice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cilantro.