Vastu Shastra is an Indian architectural science. It has been a guide for identifying and developing the best spaces to live in. Vastu-compliant apartments attract peace, wealth, happiness, health, and prosperity. This ancient practice has become immensely popular for identifying the best places, plots, and structures for residential, as well as commercial purposes.
Also Read:- What are some good family-time ideas?
Nowadays, Vastu has become one of the key factors that influence homebuyers’ decisions. Vastu Shastra is the science of architecture that has been followed since the ancient period. Vastu is about improving the positive energies in a residential or commercial space. Vastu science ensures physical, spiritual, mental, and material well-being. The Vastu defects are correctable and certain changes with the application of harmonious colors, change of object positions or regulatory practices, and remedies can correct defective Vastu.
- While evaluating an apartment layout, the first consideration should be for an entrance. The entrance holds the key for positivity and happiness for the family. An entrance in the north attracts success as well as career opportunities.
- Avoid oddly shaped apartments. Choose square or rectangular buildings.
- Avoid apartments having water-bodies in the South or West zone.
- Apartment entrance on the South or West of the South-West corner attracts bad luck. The best directions to have the entrance are East and North-East.
- The main door of the apartment should be in the North-East. The main door should not open in front of the lift.
- Borewells, water-pumps, and lawns should be in the North-East of the apartment.
Also Read:- Why is quality time important with family?
- Choose apartments with a covered boundary wall in the west if you travel a lot.
- Open space, lakes, and ponds near the south and the west direction of the apartment are considered inauspicious.
- The apartment complex must have a security cabin anywhere but in the North-East corner of the building.
- Check the doors and windows of the apartment. Is it in even numbers? If yes, then check if all the doors open inwards. This will attract positive vibes.
- North and east direction are best suited for balconies and windows.
- Bathroom and toilets should be constructed in the west or south zone with drains in the north-east.
- Build a small puja room in the northeast direction of the apartment. You can also place a small temple in this direction.
- Northeast, north-west, north, east, and west directions are appropriate for children. A puja room adjacent to the study room is considered auspicious.
- Southern part of the apartment is appropriate for storeroom
- The ideal height of the rooms should be 12-14 inches, and there must be a gap of 3-4 feet between the floor and windows.
- The external environment of the apartment also plays a significant role. The location of the house or flat, property, street, etc. must be checked for Vastu compliance before moving into the apartment. The external forces influence the internal forces of the house. When you are visiting the apartment make sure you take your family members with you and try to feel about the place.
- Check for proper ventilation, electricity, and airflow within the apartment. In the cities and towns, mobile or electricity towers are spread everywhere at shorter distances. Avoid the places that are very close to these towers. Also avoid restless environments like places close to hospitals, graveyards, or congested areas. In case you feel uncomfortable or uneasy in a space that means your energy patterns do not suit that of the apartment.
- Some basic things are to be kept in mind while moving into an apartment. Avoid too many Vastu negatives in a house, for example, a toilet being in the North East, Kitchen in the northeast or south-west of corner missing to the northeast or southwest of the house.
- If you are renting an apartment then make sure you know about the history of it like how well established or prosperous were the previous residents and the reason that made them shift to a different space.
- The direction of the main door matters based on the date of birth of the individual. There are some positive quadrants and the main door must be compliant with this principle. Perform a small ritual or havan before starting to stay in order to bless and purify the home against all kinds of negative forces. The rituals like Ganesh puja, Vastu Pooja, Navagraha Shanti should be performed.
- Colors have vibrations. Go for lighter shades of paint on the walls. Do not use harsh colors or dark colors like black or grey.
- Also Read:- Which are the five holiday destinations in India to spend a quality time with my family?
- Before moving into the apartment, you have rented or bought it will be good if it has been freshly painted with the repair of leaking pipes, broken furniture, taps, and shelves.
- For correcting the Vastu defects, go for Vastu harmony paintings, yantra, and crystals for success and tranquility. The symbols like Kuber crystal, elephants, Buddhas, paintings of water bodies, mountains, or sun can be used as these are considered to be auspicious in the Vastu Science.
- A few other easy methods can be adapted to make a living space more harmonious without any architectural alterations. For instance, use salt water to mop the floor. Light incense sticks or use essential oils to keep the home holy and aromatic. Playing harmonious music or chants help to create an ambiance that is soothing and healthy for the mind. For cheerful and positive energy, nurture a few plants and use pleasant pictures inside the house. Keep the apartment clear of dust, cluster, and cobwebs as they attract negative energy. Ensure that all the clocks in the house should be working.