Neem is a natural herb with numerous health as well as beauty benefits that often go unnoticed. From curbing acne to removing blackheads, Neem has magical medicinal and purifying properties. Neem has a bitter taste. In Ayurveda, Neem has been defined as a wonder tree for its sundry health benefits and curative properties. It contains active compounds such as Nimbidin, Nimbin, and Azadiractin that have anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and antimicrobial properties.
The Neem tree has been acknowledged as the “Wonder Tree” because each part of the tree including leaves, bark, seeds, flowers, and fruit have beneficial properties for different skincare purposes. The Indian lilac or Neem has abundant health benefits. Hence, it is part of most of the Ayurvedic remedies and treatments. Neem and its products have lots of beauty benefits. It can alleviate most of the skin and hair woes. Hence, neem is an integral part of most of the beauty products. The anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties make it the best ingredient to fight acne, scars, age spots, and dark spot. Neem penetrates deep into the skin to clear the impurities. It not just clears the acne, scars, pigmentation, and blackheads but also treats skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis.
- Taking bath with Neem water daily helps in keeping skin infections under check. Neem has antimicrobial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, it is quite effective in skin infections. It also soothes irritation and reduces infections without drying the skin.
- Neem is the most favorite and effective home remedy to treat acne.
- When used regularly, neem works as an excellent remedy to prevent wrinkles and fine lines. Use the strained neem water to fight the signs of age spots or aging. It works well on skin pigmentation and dark spots. Strained Neem water helps in lightening the acne scars and lesions.
- A Neem face pack is beneficial in taking care of excessively dry skin.
- Neem is a panacea remedy in tackling skin problems such as blackheads, whiteheads, and large pores.
Neem leaves are the best herbal product to treat under eye dark circles.
- Neem is the best skin exfoliator. Neem paste helps in the removal of dead skin cells. Add crushed dry orange peels and olive oil to the neem paste for an extraordinary result.
- Dried Neem leaves can be wrapped in a muslin cloth to place in cupboards for preserving old clothes. It can be put in containers around the house for their strong fresh scent to deter pests.
- Neem twigs have been used for dental cleaning owing to their antimicrobial properties.
- Neem delays early signs of skin aging due to its regenerative properties of cellular growth. Neem is best to slow down the aging process of the skin. It reduces skin pigmentation and helps reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Neem works as a moisturizer to soften and refresh the skin.
- The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of neem effectively treat scalp problems. Neem oil aids in hair growth. Massage your scalp with Neem oil without breaking your hair strands. It will take care of your hair thinning problems as well. For dandruff control, use neem powder and Neem water on the scalp.
- Below are 5 natural homemade Neem face pack/ toner that can help you to get clear and beautiful skin. Using these DIY face mask/ toner at home regularly will help you to get flawless skin.
- A DIY Neem Toner
For the optimum benefits of Neem in its natural form, boil a handful of fresh Neem leaves in water. Dab the infused water on your face with a cotton ball. It works as a DIY toner and removes blackheads as well as whiteheads as you sleep, while also treating congested pores.
- Neem Mask for Acne-Prone Skin
Neem mask will prove to be your go-to elixir for purifying oily skin, preventing breakouts, and healing existing acne. Take neem powder and mix with Besan/ Gram flour and turmeric. Emulsify the mixture with rose water and use the paste as a scrub mask. Massage it over your face for about five minutes in circular motions. Rinse it off after 25 minutes. The antiseptic properties of Neem will create a powerful effect that’ll help prevent pimples, zits, and acne scars. An easier alternative is to blend a paste made with Neem leaves and a pinch of turmeric to heal skin tissue and minimize the appearance of acne scars.
- Dark Spots and Age Spots
Dark spots and age spots can make skin look dull and aged. This pack has the benefits of apple cider vinegar (mild skin bleaching properties) to lessen the appearance of dark spots on the skin. The presence of honey helps promote the texture of the skin. It also moisturizes and hydrates the skin due to the humectant property.
1 tbsp Neem Powder
Half tbsp apple cider vinegar
Half tbsp Honey
Combine all the ingredients in a glass bowl and beat with a fork to get a smooth paste.
Put the pack in the fridge. Let it cool down for around 25 minutes.
Clean the face with lukewarm water.
Apply the mask in an even layer.
Wash it off after 25 minutes.
- Acne Scars
Pimples or acne has cleared up but left behind the dreaded acne scars. If you are looking to get rid of skin blemishes, freckles, and scars, this is an ideal face mask for you. The mild skin bleaching properties of potato and lemon can help you get a spotless as well as radiant skin.
1 tbsp Neem powder
A few slices of Potato
Half tbsp Lemon juice
Mash the Potato slices in a food processor to strain out the juice.
Add the Lemon juice and Neem powder.
Combine these ingredients to obtain a smooth paste.
Apply the paste on the face. Put Potato slices on the eyes.
Rinse it off with cold water after 25 minutes.
- Neem and Fuller’s Earth Face Pack for Glowing Skin
Fuller’s earth scrubs off the dead skin cells, blackheads, and whiteheads to make the skin soft, supple as well as smooth. Honey moisturizes the skin while Basil and Neem destroy harmful bacteria to give you a clean and glowing skin.
5 neem leaves
5 basil leaves (Tulsi)
1 tablespoon Honey
½ cup Fuller’s earth (Multani Mitti)
Crush and grind the Neem and Basil leaves.
Add Honey and Fuller’s earth to make a paste.
Blend well. If needed add water to get a semisolid paste-like consistency.
Apply the paste all over the face and around the neck.
Wash off by gently scrubbing it off your face after 25 minutes.