Dandruff is a common problem in the hair during the winter season. The biggest cause for this is that during the winter season cold and dry air blows which kills the moisture present in the scalp. Along with this, during this time fungus named Malassezia is found in the environment, due to which the problem of dandruff gets aggravated during the cold season. When this dry and cold air reaches the hair, our scalp becomes dry and scaly and it starts itching. When this scaly skin starts falling on our shoulders and clothes, then we call it dandruff. Today in this article we will know about the causes and cures of dandruff.
Factors responsible for dandruff growth:
- If the skin of your scalp is oily, then the growth of Malassezia fungus will increase and the problem of dandruff will increase.
- During teenage, there are too many hormonal changes that take place in the body, then it also makes the skin oily and the problem of dandruff can increase.
- Some people have dry scalp problems, they also have more dandruff.
- Seborrheic dermatitis is also a condition in which there is a problem of redness and dandruff in places like eyebrows, behind the ears, underarms along with the hair.
- If your scalp is too sensitive, then using hair products and styling products also causes dryness in the scalp and can increase the problem of dandruff.
How to treat dandruff?
There are many such shampoos in the market which claim that using these your problem will end, but these shampoos contain a high amount of chemicals and their regular use makes the hair lifeless. So try some home remedies to get rid of dandruff.
Also read: DIY Hair Rinses To Get Shiny Hair At Home
- Comb hair regularly: When you use a comb, your scalp gets stimulated and blood circulation increases in it, which increases the secretion of natural oils present in the scalp. By doing this both hair and scalp remain healthy and healthy scalp remains free from scabs and dandruff. So keep combing your hair on a regular basis.
- Add salt in bathing water: You can mix table salt with water for bathing, then the body can have many benefits. Minerals like magnesium, calcium, sodium present in it protect the body from infections. The elements present in saltwater prevent fungal infections from growing. Bathing with this daily gives a lot of relief in dandruff. Taking a bath with salt water improves blood circulation. Hair becomes healthy and shiny. Saltwater helps to remove dead skin cells. If you take bath with its water every day, then the skin will become soft and glowing. Moreover, saltwater removes fatigue and stress.
- Stay hydrated: During the winter season, people usually feel cold after drinking water, so most people drink less water in winter. This makes both your skin and hair dehydrated and this increases the problem of dandruff. Therefore it is necessary to drink plenty of water.
- Prepare a mixture of tomato juice and Multani mitti. Apply it on the hair and leave it for some time. When the solution dries, wash the hair. Doing this twice a week will give excellent results.
- Make a paste by soaking fenugreek seeds. Apply it on the scalp and leave it to dry for some time.
- Massage the hair by mixing camphor in coconut oil or olive oil. This will solve the problem of dandruff.
- Massage your scalp with aloe vera gel before washing hair