Carrot is a root vegetable that is often claimed to be a perfect health food. In general, any underground plants absorb a high amount of nutrients from the soil. It is crunchy, tasty, highly nutritious and very attractive in its colour. Carrots are very much known for its rich fiber and loaded with Potassium, Vitamin C and Vitamin K. It is a good source of antioxidant agents too. It can help you prevent many heart diseases and to stabilize blood pressure.
Mainly, carrot improves eyesight, solves oral troubles, reduces risks of strokes by 68% and is also good for diabetes. A simple type of recipe is given for you, which I make at my home especially for my kids. Try at your side!
Cuisine Type: Indian
Ingredients: (for 4 people)
Carrot – 2 pieces
Cashews – 10 pieces (soaked for an hour)
Milk – 6 cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Saffron – ½ tsp
- Cut the carrot vertically and allow them to boil well.
- Soak saffron in cold milk and keep aside.
- Grind the cooked carrot and soaked cashews to a fine paste by adding needed milk to them.
- Add the remaining milk and sugar to this paste.
- Boil the mixture with continuous stirring for about 10 minutes.
- Add the soaked saffron.
- Carrot Kheer is now ready to serve.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Recipe’s Health Benefits:
- Carrots are a good source of beta-carotene, fibers, vitamins (C and K), potassium and antioxidants.
- Carrots are helpful in weight loss and they also lower cholesterol levels.
- Provides improved eye health.
- Provides excellent nutritional value as this is rich in proteins and carbohydrates.
- Contains lower fat contents.
This richly flavoured comforting drink makes an ideal summer drink, perfect party a drink, a complete filling, lip-smacking brunch time milkshake or even a snack time drink. Kids’ one of the most favourite drinks is this Kheer due to its colour and taste. Carrot Kheer improves stomach and gastrointestinal health.