Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. After a long nights sleep the body prepares itself for the upcoming day… a good and hearty meal keeps you energized and feeling fresh all day. If you are on a weight loss spree then breakfast is one meal that you should avoid skipping. Breakfast recipes for weight loss are low in calories, high in fiber and proteins. Club it with smoothies or fresh fruit juice to get a head start to the day.
Here are some weight loss breakfast recipes to keep you on the move through the day:
Banana and Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana, 2 bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl combine the rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Crack the 2 eggs into another medium bowl. Whisk together with the maple syrup, mashed banana, and vanilla extract till the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the oats are covered and moistened.
- Slowly stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray then divide the oatmeal mixture among the 12 muffins tins. Press the mixture down with a spoon so all the oats are covered in liquid.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy with a little pure maple syrup.
Savoury Oatmeal with Fried Eggs
- 1/4 cup dry quick-cooking steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded white cheddar cheese (add more if you like)
- 1 tsp coconut oil, divided
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 large egg
- Chopped walnuts
- Sliced green onions
- Za’atar (or any other spice blend)
- Stove Top Method: Bring water to boil. Add oatmeal, reduce the heat a little and let it cook for about 3 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat and stir in cheese, a small pinch of salt, and pepper.
- Microwave Method*: Place oats and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Line microwave dish with paper towels to catch any spills. Microwave at a high setting (but not the highest, about 8/10 power setting) at one-minute intervals for a total of 3 minutes. If you want a softer texture, continue microwaving at 30-second intervals. Give the oats a little stir between intervals. When the oatmeal is done, stir in shredded cheese, a small pinch of salt, and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick pan with 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until they soften. Spoon vegetables overcooked oats. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil and fry an egg. Cook until the whites are no longer translucent and serve over oatmeal.
- Top with chopped walnuts, green onions, and za’atar, if you like.
When you are on a weight losing spree then breakfast can set the ball rolling for the rest of your day. Filling up on the right foods can curb your cravings and keep you feeling full longer. These weight loss breakfast recipes will get you started on your day happily.
Follow More: Zucchini Bread: A New Of Healthy Lifestyle!