Chicken is the most nutritious source of protein and contains very low quantities of carbohydrates and fat. This makes it the most sought after food for a healthy and nutritious diet for people aiming or weight loss and other issues. It is affordable and is easy to prepare too.
Here are some healthy chicken recipes that will keep you asking for more:
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED KALE
- 1/2 pound small red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed, leaves torn (about 10 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds) 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the potatoes with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet; spread in a single layer and roast 5 minutes.
- Toss the kale in a large bowl with the garlic, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Add to the baking sheet with the potatoes and toss.
- Roast until the kale is crisp and the potatoes are tender, stirring once, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan to medium and brush with olive oil.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make 4 cutlets. Coat evenly with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken until well-marked and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate. Toss the kale, potatoes, the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, the salad greens, tomatoes, parmesan, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Divide the chicken among plates and top with any collected juices. Serve with the kale salad.
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 4 teaspoons water
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained with 1/2 cup reserved juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Season chicken strips and add to pan.
- Brown chicken and remove to plate.
- Add red and green peppers and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until sauce begins to reduce. Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer.
- Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
These healthy recipes of chicken will get you salivating and wishing for a little bit more.