- Vegetarian food items that help to increase weight
It’s human nature that no one’s happy with their own looks. People who are fat want to lose weight while people who are lean desire to gain weight.
Additionally, people also intend to gain weight to increase the muscle mass. Thus, people have various reasons to gain weight. However, irrespective of reason, gaining weight can be quite difficult. You need to make extreme changes to your diet and lifestyle. It gets even more difficult when you are a vegetarian eater. Discarding the animal products from your daily diet makes it more challenging to put on weight.
Additionally, you are required to make strategic food choices. Weight gain is considered to be more difficult than weight loss. Only if you are able to follow a strict diet plan, you would be able to gain the desired weight. Thus, you need to include high-calorie vegetarian food to your diet chart for weight gain. Consuming plant-based foods is one of the best ways to boost up your health.
A Vegetarian diet is good as it reduces the risk of heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancer. Here, we will discuss about some of the best high-calorie food items that would help you gain weight. You have to be consistent and eat them without fail. Consequently, you will surely see a huge difference within a month.
Vegetarian Food Items that help to Gain Weight
Nuts – Nuts are one of the best sources of calories, healthy fats and protein. If you are desperately looking to gain weight, you can indeed make them a choice. Additionally, it would good if you can add nuts like walnuts, pecans, almonds and cashews to your everyday diet. A handful of these nuts would support weight gain in a healthy way.
Nut butters are another option for quick weigh gain as they are high in calories and protein. Try to opt for the natural variants that are free from saturated oils or sugar. Nut butter can be added to the diet as snacks or smoothies.
Avocado – Avocados are known for their mild flavor, creamy texture and good taste. They are a good source of nutrients and help to gain weight in a healthy manner as they are filled with fiber and healthy fats. Additionally, Avocados are rich in other micro-nutrients that include potassium, pantothenic acid, vitamin C and folate. Firstly, you can add half an avocado to your smoothie or can use it as a spread on your bread. Secondly, you can even use it in salads and omelets. Finally, they will boost up your healthy fat intake.
Sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes are starchy vegetables, which is famous for it’s nutrient profile, delicious flavor and vibrant color. They are high in fiber, calories, antioxidants, minerals and essential vitamins. You can consume them for Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium and Manganese. You can try out sweet potatoes as grilled, mashed, baked or roasted. 200 grams of cooked sweet potato has 180 calories.
Dry Fruits – Dried fruits are excellent ways to gain extra calories and build up weight. Apart from calories, they are rich in antioxidants, minerals, fiber, natural sugars and vitamins. The nutritional content will vary from one fruit to the other. Dried fruit supplies 3-5 times more amount of micro-nutrients than that is present in fresh fruit. You can mix dried fruit with oatmeal or coconut yogurt for a high-calorie breakfast. You can even add it to your protein shakes, seeds and nuts.
Liquids to Gain Weight
- Milk – Milk has been used since decades as a muscle builder and weight gainer. It has a good balance of fat, carbohydrates and proteins. It is a optimum source of calcium, minerals and other vitamins. Milk provides both whey proteins and casein. Therefore, it helps in mass gain. Try to drink two glasses of whole milk every day. You can drink it as a snack or before a meal. Milk smoothies are delicious ways to add milk to your daily diet.
- Olive oil – Olive oil consists of monounsaturated fats and is preferred for its health-promoting ingredients. Monounsaturated fats increases the levels of good cholesterol and improves the blood sugar levels. It is high in antioxidants and reduces the risk of any chronic disease. Adding olive oil over cooked veggies or missing them with salad or adding it to the marinades would be a great way to add extra calories to your daily meal. A single tablespoon of olive oil contains calories and grams of fat.
Grains To Help Gain
- Quinoa – It is a pseudo-grain that contains lots of fiber, protein and other essential nutrients that your body needs. It is one of plant-based sources of protein and is high in calorie. It has the capacity to provide nine amino acids to your body. Your body is not capable of producing amino acids on their own and must obtain them from food. Quinoa also has folate, manganese, magnesium, copper and phosphorus in a good amount. You can use them as a side dish or add them to stews, salads and soups.
- Rice – Rice is rich in carbohydrates and carbohydrate helps to increase weight. It’s is one of the cost-efficient ways to put on weight. Rice offers calorie-dense carbohydrates and you are able to gain weight in a healthy way. Rice promotes slow weight gain and you can see the difference over a period of time. You can add rice in our everyday meal. It can be consumed with any kind of side dish. It is also a good source of niacin, phosphorus, magnesium and manganese.
Omega and good fats are essential for weight gain. However, you should not consume fats in high quantities than required. You should understand the role of fat in your body and include them in your daily diet strategically.
Fats are concentrated source of calories. When you have made up your mind to gain weight, make sure you never skip any meal. Additionally, make a proper diet plan and try to include some of the above-mentioned food items in your plan. You have to eat food on time and never over do it.
Gaining weight is good, but you should be able to gain it without any preserved or junk food. Choosing the right kind of food is essential. Along with proper diet, you have to make changes to your lifestyle. Drink plenty of water and have a good night sleep every day. Include exercise to your daily routine to keep you active.