- What is a Vitamin D Deficiency and How to Recognize It
- Can Vitamin D Deficiency Cause Weight Gain
- How to Solve The Problem of Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D is an essential nutrient that can nourish your body in many ways. It is one type of steroid hormone that helps to absorb calcium in our bones and phosphorus in our bodies. The main functionality of vitamin D is to interact with each cell of a human body and that makes it so essential for our health. But what makes vitamin D so crucial is that its absence can bring you obesity inevitably. Let’s find out how to recognize vitamin D deficiency and how to deal with it smartly with a normal life schedule-
What is a Vitamin D Deficiency and How to Recognize It?
Vitamin D that is also known as sunshine vitamin mostly came from exposure under direct sunlight, supplements, and a few specific foods. When we can’t get enough amount of vitamin D through these processes, it calls vitamin D deficiency. Vitamin D deficiency can cause serious health problems including weight issues.
The worst part of having a lack of this essential vitamin is that detecting it might not be easy for us in normal eyes. You must go under proper medical diagnosis and medical tests to confirm that you have this condition. However, a few signs can give you a clear hint of having vitamin-D deficiency apparently; these signs are as follows-
- Look out for whether you have any symptoms of osteoporosis like breakable bones
- If you are having dental problems more often
- If you are having bowed legs, a curved spine, etc.
- Check if you are having chronic pain in walking for muscle pain
- If you are having excessive sweating problem
- You are having mood swing issue
- If you have undefined hair loss
- And suddenly you are gaining excessive weight without any reason
Can Vitamin D Deficiency Cause Weight Gain?
Yes, it has been proven many times with several cases of obesity that deficiency of vitamin D can bring you unintentional weight gain. Your bone health may directly be connected with vitamin D deficiency but your metabolic health also indirectly controlled by the inadequacy of having vitamin D. According to the medical analysis, women are more familiar with this problem of gaining unwanted weight gain with insufficient vitamin D in their body.
However, Medical experts say that besides those specific cases, there is no medical proof in our hand that can claim low vitamin D cause rapid weight gain. So, it can state that depending on the studies of people especially women with vitamin D deficiencies, obesity can be linked with the lack of this vitamin but we can’t say this is a verified reason for it.
How to Solve The Problem of Vitamin D Deficiency?
To solve the issue of vitamin D deficiency, you must apply some methods to get more vitamin D through your regular activities and foods. Here are some recommended ways to overcome vitamin D deficiency smartly in the simplest manner, let’s take a look-
Also Read:-How to start eating healthier
- First of all, be sure that you have vitamin D deficiency with some medical tests or analysis
- Talk to your doctor and come up with a certified treatment plan before starts following it
- Buy vitamin D supplements and take vitamin D2 pills more quantity than vitamin D3 pills to overcome this crisis more rapidly
- Set a particular time of the day to spend under the direct sunlight, as sunlight is the best way to get vitamin D
- Say yes to foods which are fortified with this particular vitamin
- Fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, fortified cereals, milk, and orange juice are some preferable items in this regard
- Sun exposed mushrooms are one more brilliant item to include in your regular diet to increase vitamin D
- Take calcium supplement and don’t forget to consult your doctor about it
- Limit your caffeine intake as soon as possible because excessive caffeine product affect the calcium absorption in your body
- And keep checking your vitamin D range often to be prepared for dealing with the problem of vitamin D deficiency in time.