- What is Best Food
- What are the Cheapest Yet Most Nutritious Food
- How to Decide What Types of Foods Suit Me The Most
According to the nutritionists, in India, most of the health problems occur due to the lack of knowledge of foods. We often mess up with cheap and nutritious foods and assume that cheap foods don’t come with any nutrition values. In reality, there is no connection between the cost and the nutrition value of foods. Sometimes, the cheapest foods can provide you the most nourishment value, while expensive foods can come with zero nutrition value! So, today, let’s find out some food values after deciding their true categories from the best, cheapest and most nutritious groups in our further discussion below-
What is Best Food?
Any type of food contains at least a minimum amount of nourishments or nutrient value, but only a few contain most of them and thus, they are being called the best foods. These types of foods are skilled in enhancing your health, solving your health issues, and making your body prepared for any sorts of health challenges. By filling your plate with such foods, you can improve your health day by day in the most effortless way.
Things turn even better if you find some foods which taste also amazing with their impactful qualities then they fit in the category of best foods perfectly. Here are some ideas on which foods we can categorize in this group of best foods, let’s take a look-
- Fruits, which are low in sugar content like cucumber, oranges, kiwi, melons, lemon, blueberries, strawberry, avocado, grapefruit, plum, pineapple, etc.
- Lean meats like chicken, turkey, lean beef, grass-fed lamb, ground pork, etc.
- Nuts and seeds like almonds, pistachio, macadamia nuts, walnut, chia seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, asparagus, carrot, cauliflower, kale, tomatoes, celery, cabbage, squash zucchini, lettuce, eggplant, artichokes, etc.
- Fish and seafood like trout, shrimp, tuna, shellfish, sardines, salmon, crab, etc.
- Lentils and legumes like red lentil, yellow lentil, black lentil, kidney beans, green beans, chickpea, etc.
- Whole grains like brown rice, brown bread, oats, quinoa, barley, Ezekiel bread, etc.
- Some dairy products like skim milk, whole milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
- And healthy fats and oils like avocado, cod liver oil, sweet potatoes, coconut oil, olive oil, sunflower, oil, flaxseed oil, etc.
What are the Cheapest yet Most Nutritious Food?
Unfortunately, we have decided in our head that the cheapest foods can’t be healthy or healthy foods cannot come at a low price. Here we need to clear our mind first from all misconceptions on foods. According to the nutritionists, there is no connection between the nutrition value and the cost of food material. Sometimes the nutritious food can come with extremely low prices, and expensive food comes with completely zero nutrient value!
There is an array of tasty foods that exist in this world which are extremely delicious yet come with an unbelievable low cost. So, your financial circumstance couldn’t tempt your diet plan at all. You just need to find some foods which are completely nutrient-dense and come at an affordable price too. Include them in your regular diet and enjoy the goodness of a healthy diet without breaking your budget a bit. Some of the most recommendable foods in this regard are as follows-
- Sweet potato
- Roasted grams
- Kidney beans
- Bagged spinach
- Butternut squash
- And cottage cheese
How to Decide What Types of Foods Suit Me The Most?
There are ample of healthy foods available in the market which are affordable too. In such a condition, deciding only a few items to add in your regular diet could be tricky sometimes. So, here is an easy guideline on how to decide which types of items suit you the most from the vast list of nutritious foods, let’s check them out quickly in our further discussion below-
- Go with low-calorie foods and count your calories before consuming them attentively
- Make sure you don’t surpass the count of 1200 calories per day through your regular diet
- Decide on a low-carb diet that contains cheese, egg, lean meat, vegetables and nuts in high amount
- Say yes to low-fat diet by including more amount of vegetables, grains, fruits, and lean protein for your main meals
- Avoid foods which spike blood sugar level like red meat, fish eggs, high-fat dairy products, heavy animal protein, etc.
- Say no to foods which trigger bad cholesterol level in your blood like cake, pastries, cookies crackers, sandwich, pizza, salt, sugar, trans fat food, high fructose syrup, etc.
- Add foods with good fats like avocado, olive oil, fatty fish, nuts, seeds, canola oil, legumes, etc.
- Replace complex carbohydrate products with simple carbs that take a longer period to digest and control our appetite for long
- Choose high fiber foods or foods with soluble fiber content like banana, oatmeal, oat bran, barley, peas, lentil, citrus fruits, etc.
- And include foods that are naturally rich in vitamins and mineral content.