Vaastu translates ‘house’, is a science of arranging the five elements – earth, water, fire, air, and sky in harmony. The principle of Vaastu is to add value to human life. Every Vaastu guideline has scientific reasoning that aims at providing an organized and convenient life. Vaastu has its effects and a few changes in the house can bring peace and prosperity.
The modern trend is ready-to-move-in houses where architectural changes are impossible. If you believe in Vastu that it is a gateway to bring in peace and happiness, don’t get dishearten or deter by small flaws in the home. The vastness of nature and simple science of Vastu creates an opportunity which may help to correct these small hitches without making major alterations.
The benefits can be achieved by simple addition or subtraction and knowing the right directions. So, listed below are some feasible and simple changes for your ready-to-move-in home to make it Vastu compliant.
- A naked wall at the entrance of the house represents loneliness. Hence, place a statue or a picture of Ganesha.
- If the boring plant of your or house has been placed in the wrong direction, it is advisable to place a picture of Panchmukhi Hanuman, facing South-West to the boring.
- North-east is the best place for meditation. It helps in spiritual growth.
- Hang a painting of nature/scenery in the North East. It depicts a long road for good vision and planning.
Also Read- What remedy can be used for kitchen vastu?
- For healthy family relations, place a happy family photograph in the south-west corner in a yellow or golden frame. Hang a picture/painting of a sunflower for a healthy family bond.
- Place a picture of a rising sun in the east direction for healthy social relations.
- Place the study table of kids in the east direction for improvement in studies.
- The house must have doors and windows in even numbers.
- Hang a picture of red galloping horses in the south direction for a steady flow of money and harmony.
- Place a single mattress on the bed for a healthy marital relationship. Also, the husband should sleep on the right side of the wife.
- Remove all the useless clutter under your bed. It weighs you down and keeps your mind subtly connected to the past, which blocks your forward progress.
- There should not be any kind of darkness in the bedroom. It should be well lit. Avoid dark colors on the bedroom wall. Use light colors bring harmony and peace.
- Grow natural green plants or place candles in the bathroom to remove negativity and bring brightness.
Also Read- Vastu tips for flat
- The kitchen plays a major role in determining the relationship in a family. Maintain maximum distance between a gas stove and sink in the kitchen. Never place a mirror in the kitchen.
- Do not sleep in direct arrangement with sharp corners. It acts as an energy spears and creates stress in the nervous system.
- Keep a fish aquarium in the north-east of your house for better growth and to curb negative energy.
- A water fountain in the north-east direction of your house will bring harmony.
- Pyramids are an effective and pocket-friendly objects for curbing the Vastu defects of a house. These are kept in the strategic location in the house such as the center of the house, a specific room, or even an energetic key point.
Also Read- Vastu Tips For The Success Of Your Business
- Place green plants in the east for healthy relations.
- A washroom near the dining area is a strict no. A foul smell may surround the space. Hence, it is suggested that the dining table should be closer to the kitchen and not to a washroom.
- Subtle shades of whites, beige, and browns are preferred for the walls of a living room. They have dominated the space for ages. Light colors make the room appear brighter and bigger. They add positivity and tranquilize the aura of the room.
- According to Vastu, sitting or sleeping under exposed beams can disturb the thinking process, making one to lose money. It is due to the uneven level of the ceiling that might muddle thoughts. The projecting beams should be concealed through a false ceiling.
- Grow Tulsi plant in North, East or North-East, in front of the house. Basil plant is auspicious for the prosperity of the family.
Also Read- Vastu tips for an apartment
- Ignite 2 or 3 cubes of camphor in the morning or evening and let its smoke prevail in the entire house. It decreases negativity inside the house.
- Place a statue or image of Lord Ganesh at the entrance of your home.
- Hanging a picture or painting of a rising sun in the east makes your social relations healthy.
- Use square or rectangular shaped furniture in the house. Furniture of circular, oval, or any other irregular shape should be avoided.
- Always prefer to sleep keeping my head in the south direction.
- A statue of Lord Buddha signifies harmony, prosperity, and peace. Ensure to have at least one statue of Lord Buddha in the house. If there in enough space, install a life-size statue and place it in garden or even inside the house. The statue would not only bring wealth, harmony, and peace, it would also add a lot of aesthetic value.