- What is the military diet
- Does military diet work for a rapid weight loss
- What foods you can eat in a perfect military diet
- What foods to avoid in the military diet
- A Perfect military diet meal plan
- Pros and cons of the military diet
Also Read:-What Is Nutrition?
The military diet is one of the most effective low-calorie diets, which is planned to benefit your health and control your weight at once. One thing we need to clarify here that the military diet has no connection with the people of the military and their food habits at all. It is a phrase to make understand the harshness of a strict and restricted diet.
People, who are suffering from unnecessary weight gain, can get amazing benefits from this sort of diet. But before that, you must know the details of this specific diet type apparently to grab the utmost advantages from it. Let’s take a look at what is this military diet all about-
What is Military Diet?
The military diet is a special type of food plan where follows a highly restricted 3-day diet program with a low-calorie meal chart. During this time, one person should plan their menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with some specific food along with some extremely controlled portions in each meal.
Military diet benefits us how to burn more calories rapidly than the calories you consume during these three days. What is the exception in this type of diet than other harsh types of diets is that it benefits us with a no-skipping meal, unlike others. So, it is a specially planned diet that teaches us to eat in a strictly restricted way with the counting calorie quality.
Does Military Diet Work for a Rapid Weight Loss?
It is proven many times that the military diet does work exceptionally brilliant on your health and weight reduction process than the similar types of severe diet plans. It is a short term diet and a short term diet always works faster on our metabolic system than a long term diet plan.
Thus, it is superfluous to say that a military diet does work for a rapid weight loss despite being an extremely low-calorie program along with keeping your health perfect from all aspects. It has been seen that a properly followed military diet plan can help you to lose almost 10 pounds in a week if you go after it accurately.
What Foods You Can Eat in a Perfect Military Diet?
The most important part of a military diet is choosing foods for the meal plan. To do so, you must know what the preferable foods for a military diet are and whatnot. Some recommended items and foods types for the military diet are as follows-
- Fiber-rich foods like banana, whole-wheat bread, oatmeal, chia seeds, artichoke, flaxseeds, beans, French beans, etc.
- Whole yet healthy protein like egg, tuna, tofu, lean meats, ground beef, chicken breast, salmon, etc.
- Vegetables like carrots, peas, broccoli, some cruciferous vegetables, etc.
- Fruits like grapefruits, banana, apples, pear, grapes, etc.
- Dairy products like Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, and sometimes skim milk
- Some readymade tasty yet allowable foods like hot dogs, ice cream, peanut butter, saltine crackers, etc.
- And healthy caffeine products in unsweetened form like black tea, black coffee, etc.
What Foods to Avoid in Military Diet?
In a military diet, you need to focus on your avoidable food list as much seriously as the eating list. Once you learn to keep away from foods that provide damaging effects on your diet, you will learn to bring the military diet to your weight-loss goal more effortlessly. Some harmful foods in this regard are-
- Foods with saturated fats like fatty cuts of beef, lamb, pork, red meat, full-fat dairy products, tropical oil, lard, lean meats with their skin, etc.
- Foods with highly salted quality like instant foods, packaged foods, canned foods, sauces, salad dressings, chips, readymade nuts, etc.
- Foods with stevia or artificial sweeteners like fruit juice, candy, chocolates, cookies, cakes, sweet rolls, doughnuts, desserts, pies, cobblers, etc.
- Oily and spicy foods like restaurant based items, fried foods, gluten-free junk foods, instant foods with readymade spices, etc.
- Processed foods like breakfast cereals, tinned vegetables, sausage rolls, white bread, pies, bacon chips, readymade crisp, etc.
- Fatty fish like oysters, rainbow trout, Coho salmon, pacific sardines, albacore tuna, shrimp, tilapia, etc.
A Perfect Military Diet Meal Plan for 3 Days:
Apart from following the list of beneficial and unhealthy foods lists to make a perfect meal plan in a military diet, you need to make a precise meal plan for the 3-day diet plan to make successful from every aspect. So, here we go with a complete meal plan in this regard with specific days and menus to make your session smoothest than ever-
- Take a slice of whole-wheat toast, spread a spoonful of peanut butter on it and pair this toast with a cup of black coffee or tea in your breakfast table
- Take a cup of grapefruit juice or half of a whole grapefruit after a gap of 1 hour as a pre-lunch delighter
- 1 small can of tuna with once slice of whole-wheat toast and a cup of any caffeinated drink again in your lunch meal
- For dinner eat I cup of boiled or raw green beans, 3 ounces of well-cooked meats along with a banana, 1 apple and I cup of vanilla ice cream
- For the second day, eat one boiled egg with a whole-wheat toast and a half of fully ripe banana in your breakfast
- For lunch eat five saltine crackers with 1 cup of fresh cottage cheese and one hard-boiled egg
- Complete your dinner with 1 cup of boiled vegetables like broccoli-carrots, half banana, two hot dogs but without the bun and half cup of vanilla ice cream
- For the last day place the saltine crackers in your breakfast menu and pair it with one slice of cheddar cheese along with one apple
- Limit your lunch with one slice of whole-wheat toast and one hard-boiled egg
- Finally, complete the dinner with 1 cup tuna only along with half of a fully ripe banana and finish it with a fine dessert of vanilla ice cream
If you are a vegetarian, try to replace eggs or meats with tofu, hummus, and beans. Any type of weight-losing diet plan suggests us to limit the daily calorie intake within 1000 calorie per day and the rule is similar for this military diet a well.
Pros and Cons of Military Diet:
No doubt the military diet is one of the best weight-losing programs around, but besides benefits, there are a few disadvantages too come with this diet program. So, before jumping to this harsh diet plan, try to check out the pros and cons of a military diet properly first-
Pros of Military Diet:
- It fastens your metabolism rate
- Helps your system to take the metabolic change more effortlessly
- Aids you to lose weight more rapidly and fairly
- It is one of the most inexpensive diet plans of all time
- And doesn’t take a long or extended period to work on your weight loss system
Cons of Military Diet:
- Sometimes it may hit you with nutrient deficiency
- You can gain more weight than before once the 3-day period is gone
- It contains some unhealthy or low-quality foods like hot dogs, saltine, etc.
- And it is not scientifically proven and sometimes causes some serious chronicle diseases after following it for long.