In the modern world, everybody is in the race of being successful and powerful. Positive energy and family support are the keys to a blissful and successful life. And here, Vastu plays an important role. Scientific studies have proven that positive surroundings and good vibes contribute to the success of individuals. Most people curse their stars for their miseries but other forces are working towards it.
These forces arise when the Vastu principles are not taken care of. The meaning of Vastu is the home for god and humans. Vastu Shastra is based on natural energies such as solar energy, a cosmic energy, lunar energy, thermal energy, magnetic energy, light energy, and wind energy. These energies help to enhance peace, prosperity, and success.
If a house is constructed according to the Vastu, the inmates enjoy all the happiness but if it is against Vastu, it will be a place for all sorts of problems, worries, and restlessness. Vastu considers the interplay of various forces of nature including the five elements. It tries to maintain equilibrium as these elements influence, guide, and change the lives of human beings.
We all spend time, effort, and money on our home, trying to make it more comfortable. Once the house is constructed, it’s difficult to make structural changes. Here are some of the remedies that you can do yourself to remove or lessen the Vastudosha and bring prosperity in life.
Outside the House and in the Bedroom
- According to Vastu, hanging a nameplate outside your house helps to attract opportunities and positive energy. In our culture, guests are welcomed with the utmost respect. This theory applies here since it is believed that happiness can land up at your doorstep at any time and in any form.
- Hang metal bells outside your house to bring in happiness and peace. It breaks the pessimism of the inmates. Bells generate music, which unwinds the mind and soothes it.
- Allow a bright light on the main door. It is a natural cleanser and helps remove the negativity around it. Light earthen lamps and incense twice a day. The smoke is believed to restrict bad energy and spirits from entering the house, whereas the fragrance symbolises the presence of a deity in the house. Pick natural scents like camphor, sandalwood, Kasturi, and jasmine.
- Avoid keeping any electronic gadgets including a television in the bedroom. It should ideally be placed in the southeast of the living room or study room. Avoid any water feature or plants in the bedroom. Do not use separate mattresses and bedsheets. Arrange the furniture in a square or a circle or an octagon shape.
- Place a picture of a sunrise on the southern wall in the living room.
- The dining room should not fall opposite the main door of the house.
- Never put a mirror in the kitchen.
- Keep the brooms and mops out of the sight in the kitchen.
- Keep the bathroom and toilet door closed.
- Windows should open outward.
Living Room Vastu
- Place an aquarium or fish tank in the northeast corner of the living room. An aquarium with nine goldfishes and one blackfish, in the northeast corner, is auspicious. Water represents life, liveliness, and positivity. Observing the fish also calms the mind.
- Hang a happy family picture in the living room.
- Ensure there are no tall trees like Banyan, Pipal, Thorny trees whose reflection falls on your house.
- The house should be airy with enough water resources and without any obstructions.
- Never hoard stale food, withered flowers, torn clothes, waste paper, waste materials, empty tins, and useless things. These prevent Lakshmi from entering the house.
- Place half a glass of lemon water in the living area. Remember to change it every Saturday. Lemon adds a cooling effect to the air, killing the negative energy around your home. It influences reducing disagreements among family members and also in calming the mind.
- Marble is considered to be a holy stone. Hence, use it in a Puja room but avoid it in the bedroom, bathroom, and toilet.
- Keep cleanliness. Use sea salt and Cow urine to wipe. You can also put a pinch of salt in a small bowl and place it in any corner of your home.
- Keep windows and doors of the house dust-free. Open them as positive vibes of financial flow can get obstructed otherwise. Dirty or closed doors block the energy from entering, and the negativity from getting out. The northeast has to be kept clean. The well-being of male issues is found to be precarious if not kept clean.
- The hinges of doors should be noiseless. The hinges may be greased periodically.
- A house should not have paintings that depict depressing scenes such as crying, war, or poverty. It should have a picture of a sunrise, an ocean, mountains, flowers, or laughing children.
- Small decorative plants and shrubs should be grown in the north and the east. Growing creepers or climbers with support on the compound wall or a house wall should be avoided.
- Except for rose and a few medicinal plants, avoid keeping any thorny plants. Keep a Tulsi plant in the northeast of the premises. Apart from keeping the air fresh and brightening the space, tulsi is an auspicious plant according to Vastu. Pine, bamboo, and peach are also considered symbolic of good fortune. They cleanse the air and bring positive energy inside the home.
- Put an idol of Vastu Purusha, a snake made of silver, copper wire, pearl, and powla in red cloth with red earth. Keep it in the east corner.
- Put Red sand, cashew nut, powla in red cloth. Keep it in the west on Tuesday and worship it with seemed incense to bring peace in the house.
- Daily worship the entrance step with Swastik, ShubhLabh, etc. Using Rice and Kumkum is considered auspicious.
More Do’s and Don’ts
- A picture or a statue of Lord Ganesha or a Shree Yantra should be placed on the naked wall of the flat entrance. The naked wall is a sign of loneliness.
- Don’t store medicines in the kitchen. The kitchen stands for good health and medicines indicate otherwise. Medicines in the kitchen space are said to initiate health problems, especially related to food, such as weight gain.
- According to Vastu, mirrors absorb positive energy and repel negative energy if not used in a Vastu compliant way. They lead to family conflicts and disagreements. It is suggested not to have a mirror in the bedroom, especially if it reflects any part of your body while you are resting. However, if you have a mirror, cover it with a sheet before going to bed. Also, a bed should not be put under a beam.