Teeth are one of the most important parts of your body that gives shape for your face and help in cutting and chewing of your favorite food. Apart from this, there are so many interesting facts you should know about your tooth
- Your teeth and tongue is different from others. Same as the fingerprint is unique; your teeth are also having unique structure. That is why it is taken as evidence to identify a person.
- Proper care of your gums is as important as your teeth. Because one third of your each tooth is beneath your gums. A healthy gum will be firm and pink in colour.
- Have you ever counted your teeth? You will have 12 molars, 8 premolars, 4 canine teeth and 8 incisors. Totally 32 teeth.
- The outer layer of your teeth is known as enamel and it is the hardest part of your body. Enamel is made of calcium, phosphate, protein and crystallites. Even though it is the hardest, the chance of getting decay is more if you use more sugar and soft drinks.
- Do you know your mouth contains around 300 different species of bacteria? In which the most dangerous bacteria for your teeth is streptococcus mutans. Brushing and flossing twice a day is the only way to fight against the harmful bacteria.
- Breakdown of food and the digestion of the same starts from the mouth. Your saliva and teeth plays an important role in this process. Teeth break the food into smaller particles and the saliva help to swallow the food. The duty of saliva doesn’t stop here, it will help to remove the food particles present on your teeth which may cause tooth decay.
- If you find your teeth colour is changing to yellow then it is the indication of tooth decay. Bleeding gums, sensitivity and tooth ache etc are other common problems. You should consult your dentist and get proper treatment if you have any of these symptoms.
In today’s world, many people tend to know about oral health. Here are some knowledgeable fun facts about human teeth are given in this article that our ancestors certainly didn’t know.