Today’s life is full of junk food loaded with unhealthy calories. Nowadays, people are always in a hurry. Healthy eating is not possible for most of them. So, what is it that they end up doing? People are eating conveniently available packaged food or junk food. Hence, they add excessive fat and uncounted calories which go unburnt. An increasing waistline bothers most of the individuals. An increase in the upper tummy size is due to the excessive fat accumulation around the upper belly. Follow proper diet plans, lifestyle and exercises to get rid of tummy size.
Upper tummy fat refers to fat around the upper abdominal area. Fat accumulation and obesity are harmful in the long run depending on their criticality. It can increase the risk of various health ailments.
There are two types of belly fat: visceral (fat surrounds a person’s organs) and subcutaneous (fat that sits under the skin). Visceral fat is more harmful than subcutaneous fat.
Common causes of upper tummy fat are:
- Consumption of sugary food such as cakes, candy, and drinks, such as soda, packed fruit juice.
- Slow metabolism reduces a body’s ability to burn fat.
- Consuming excess alcohol.
- Lack of exercise and an inactive lifestyle.
- Lack of sleep
- Genetic factors influence behavior, metabolism and the risk of developing obesity-related diseases.
- Environmental factors
- Lifestyle changes to reduce upper tummy fat
- Get more sunlight. Exposure to sunlight could lead to a reduction in weight gain and metabolic dysfunction.
- Reduce stress. It can cause weight gain. The release of the stress hormone cortisol influences appetite and could cause overeating. Practice meditation and yoga.
- Improve sleep patterns. A sound sleep is important for overall health. It helps the body to heal and recover. Lack of rest can have a harmful impact on well-being. Getting proper sound sleep is essential for weight loss, including upper tummy fat.
- Quit smoking. It is a risk factor for upper belly fat as well as other serious health concerns.
- Cut down alcohol consumption. It contains additional sugar which can contribute to weight gain.
- A sedentary lifestyle is a root cause of serious health problems, including weight gain. Include a good of amount exercise in daily routine to get rid of upper tummy fat.
- Aerobic exercise and strength training can help you tackle upper tummy fat. A combination of cardio and high-intensity training alongside weights as well as resistance training is effective to get rid of tummy fat.
- Running or Spin class is good for your heart. Cardio workouts alone won’t help much. Hence, try a combination of weights and cardiovascular training. Strength training enhances muscle mass which sets the body up to burn more fat.
- Muscles burn more calories than fat. Hence, the body burns more calories throughout the day. Around 250 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise or 125 minutes of high-intensity exercise, a week is recommended.
- The best exercises would be the crunches and plank workouts because the abdominal muscles directly come into action in these exercises.
Also Read:-Weight Gainer Diet Plan To Look Good!
- Surya Namaskar: It is an effective yoga posture that helps in the reduction of the upper belly fat. The stretching burns the excess fat present in the upper abdominal region.
- Naukasana: Nauka is boat and asana is the pose. The body frames V shape, balancing on the hips. The legs are lifted upwards and the arms parallel to the ground. When the legs are raised, the abdominal muscles get strengthened by burning the belly fat.
- Ardha Matsyendrasana: It increases the elasticity of the spine and relieves back pain. It helps in the reduction of tummy fat by exerting pressure on the abdominal muscles.
- A healthy and balanced diet can help in weight loss, and it has a positive effect on overall health.
- Avoid sugar, fatty foods, and refined carbohydrates having low nutritional content. Such foods can disrupt the endocrine system and make it harder for your body to lose fat.
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains and complex carbohydrates. They contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Upper belly fat is associated with inflammation. Consuming too much processed food will hinder the body’s ability to lose belly fat.
- Upper belly fat can be due to the body storing water weight. Sodium consumption, dehydration, and a lack of electrolytes can cause the body to retain water. It makes the stomach and other body parts swollen. Stick to the low-salt diet.
- Not consuming enough fiber can cause the accumulation of gases and waste in your digestive system. Fiber-rich food can help with weight loss and belly fat. It also makes cutting calories easier, as fiber makes you feel full for longer.
Also Read:-Weight Gain Tips For You!
Upper tummy fat looks irritating, and it completely changes your personality. Fat burning is not an overnight or weekly process. Regular exercise, along with a proper diet and lifestyle changes help in achieving the target.