The svelte Shilpa Shetty is a well-known Bollywood actress known for her yoga prowess and healthy food recipes. She has to her credit two cookbooks and a cookery game show too. Add to it a YouTube channel where she regularly updates healthy versions of Indian and continental dishes.
Shilpa Shetty’s recipes are extremely high in energy and low in calories. Her use of nutritious superfoods as a substitute for ingredients adds to the calorific value of her recipes.
Here are some healthy and inspired recipes from Shilpa Shetty:
Stuffed Portobello mushrooms
For Portobello mushroom
- 1 tsp Nutralite garlic and oregano
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
For topping mixture
- ½ green capsicum, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 cherry tomatoes, cut into 2
- 2 tbsp. whole wheat breadcrumbs, freshly grounded
- 2 tbsp. mozzarella cheese
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. Nutralite garlic & oregano
- 1 tsp Nutralite garlic & oregano for greasing the tray
- In a pan, add Nutrilite Garlic & Oregano.
- Place portobello mushroom head side facing down, sprinkle salt and black pepper and let it roast for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- In 3 to 4 minutes, flip the side and add some Nutrilite Garlic & Oregano.
- In a large bowl, add green capsicum, spring onions, cherry tomatoes, whole wheat bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese, and mix.
- Further add whole wheat bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese, and mix.
- Add sea salt, cayenne pepper, Nutralite Garlic & Oregano, and mix.
- Take a baking tray, add Nutrilite Garlic & Oregano and grease it with the help of a brush.
- Transfer the mushrooms from the pan to the baking tray.
- Top it with the topping mixture.
- Pre-heat the oven and then let the mushrooms cook for 10 mins at 180 degrees.
- After 10 minutes, remove the tray, transfer the mushrooms to the serving dish, garnish with some parsley and serve hot.
Healthy Apple Crumble
- 2 cups roasted oats
- 5 tbsp jaggery sugar
- 5 apricots, chopped
- 12 to 15 roasted almonds, sliced
- ¼ tsp. clove powder
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 apples, diced
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Nutralite Classic
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, add roasted oats, jaggery sugar and apricots.
- Further add almonds, clove powder, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, vanilla essence, maple syrup and egg.
- Drain the water from the apples and add them to the mixture and mix well.
- Then, transfer the mixture to the baking tray.
- Preheat the oven and bake the mixture for 45 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- After 45 minutes, take out the tray, let it cool and cut it into pieces.
- Transfer to a plate, enjoy as it is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Shilpa Shetty has crafted healthy recipes inspired from her own life where she delicately balances taste with nutrition.