A proper and nutritional diet is required for a healthy body and the importance of nutritional values increase more when women want to get ready for pregnancy. Hence, if you are trying to get pregnant then you should take the required supplements to ensure that your body is in the best condition. Folic acid is always recommended by doctors for women trying to conceive.
Read More:How to Lose Weight During Pregnancy?
What is Folic Acid?
Folate and folic acid are both forms of water-soluble a B-vitamin. Folate occurs naturally in food and folic acid is the synthetic version of it. Foods that are naturally high in folate include leafy vegetables (such as spinach, broccoli, and lettuce), okra, asparagus, fruits (such as bananas, melons, and lemons) beans, yeast, mushrooms, meat (such as beef liver and kidney), orange juice, and tomato juice.Folic acid is a key ingredient in the making of the nucleic acid that forms part of all genetic material and its forms carry out the crucial functions of creating more red blood cells, preventing hearing loss, and preserving the brain health of infants. Let’s know why doctors always recommend folic acid for conceiving:
1. Folic acid plays an important role in preventing miscarriage and neural tube defects. Birth defects such as spina bifida that occurs when the fetus’s spine and back do not close during development.
2. Folic acid is needed for the proper development of the human body. It is involved in producing the genetic material called DNA and in numerous other bodily functions.
Read More:How To Stop Nail-Biting ?
3. Women who are trying for pregnancy are recommended 400 micrograms of folic acid per day for at least one month before becoming pregnant. On the other hand, pregnant women recommended 600 micrograms of folic acid per day.
4. Many types of research suggest that when the number of eggs cannot be increased in women body for conceiving then egg quality can be improved by taking supplements containing Myo-inositol, folic acid, and melatonin. So folic acid plays an important role in improving egg quality and ovarian function in women.
5. Consistency in cervical mucus plays an important role in women conceiving. So it is important that a substantial amount of the mucus should be present during the ovulation phase because this mucus helps the sperm travel and meet the egg for conceiving.