Whether it is caused by aging, an underlying skin condition, or environmental factors, rough skin can be uncomfortable and itchy. Moisturization, exfoliation, and toning are crucial for obtaining soft and supple skin. Some amazing DIY homemade face packs will help you to improve your skin texture. Face packs improve skin softness and suppleness by locking in moisture. A homemade face pack is prepared from natural ingredients. Hence, it is harmless to the skin. Mix and match a few fruits, vegetables, and kitchen ingredients to concoct a fitting face pack in just a few minutes.
Natural homemade face packs have a solution to every beauty problem. Let’s try these healthier alternatives and explore DIY homemade face packs for soft and supple skin.
- Curd and gram flour (besan) face pack
Benefits: The curd and besan face pack are amazing ingredients to achieve soft and supple skin. Besan acts as a cleansing agent and curd is a natural moisturizer. Honey calms skin and turmeric is an antiseptic that maintains the pH levels of the skin.
- Mix two tablespoons of besan, one tablespoon of curd, one teaspoon of honey, and a pinch of turmeric to prepare a smooth paste.
- Apply on the face. Wash it off with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Repeat this regime regularly.
- Banana-yogurt mask
- Take a mashed banana and mix with two tablespoons of hung curd and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Prepare a smooth paste.
- Apply it all over the face.
- Rinse it after 25 minutes with water.
- Repeat twice a week for soft and supple skin.
- Oatmeal and cucumber
Benefits: Oatmeal has exfoliant properties. It scrubs off dead skin cells, dust, and grime. It absorbs excess oil and even outs skin tone. Cucumber has cooling and soothing effects.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oatmeal grains into a container, one tablespoon of cucumber juice, and milk.
- Add 2 teaspoons of fuller’s earth. Blend all the ingredients.
- Apply the paste on your face.
- Rinse off after 30 minutes.
- Use it twice every alternate week for good results
- Olive oil
Benefits: It contains vitamin D, C, E, and antioxidants that help repair damaged skin cells and improve skin complexion.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the juice of half a lemon and stir.
- Apply it to your face.
- Wipe it off after 15 minutes using a damp cloth.
- Repeat every alternate day for a month for the best results.
- Brown sugar
Benefits: Brown sugar is smaller in size and gentle on the skin. It scrubs off dead skin cells and gives them a clearer as well as smoother appearance. Use this face pack once a week for soft and supple skin.
- Add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar in a bowl that contains a teaspoon of lemon juice
- Allow the sugar crystals to melt.
- Apply it on your face with a fingertip.
- Rinse off with warm water after 10 minutes.
- Follow it once a week for soft, smooth skin.
- Orange and milk powder
Benefits: If you want soft, radiant skin, you’ve got to give orange juice and milk powder a chance. Milk powder is a rich source of vitamin A, C, and B6, calcium, lactic acid as well as potassium. It helps brighten the skin. Orange juice helps improve dull skin with its potent vitamin C content. Vitamin C lightens and brightens your skin. Gram flour acts as a scrub. It is highly beneficial for oily skin.
Also Read:-Role Of Women In The Family!
- Pour a cup of fresh chilled orange juice into a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of milk powder and Besan.
- Mix well and apply.
- Once it thickens and hardens, wipe it off with a chilled damped towel.
- Aloe vera gel
Benefits: It is loaded with minerals, vitamins, and active compounds. It keeps your skin hydrated and rejuvenated.
Mix a pinch of turmeric powder into a tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Use fresh aloe vera gel from the plant. Slice open a leaf and scoop the gel into a bowl.
- Drizzle some honey over it.
- Apply the pack to your face.
- Rinse off with warm water after 15 minutes.
- Apply at night and in the morning before a shower for the best results.
- Potato and curd
Benefits: Potatoes have a cooling effect. It contains enzymes required for soft and supple skin.
- Peel a potato and mash it.
- Place the pulp in a container and add 1 tablespoon of curd.
- Apply the chilled paste on your face and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off in lukewarm water.
- Repeat thrice a month for bright, radiant skin.
Benefits: Rice flour is known to brighten, tone, and lighten the complexion. It provides a milky glow. Use rice water as a toner or use it mixed into a face pack for soft, exfoliated, and supple skin.
- Take a tablespoon of rice flour and add a pinch of turmeric.
- Soak a hand full of white rice in a bowl for 25 mins
- Use the rice water in your face pack
- Apply it on the face and let it dry.
- Rub it in circular motions using warm water.
- The skin will feel soft, bright, and completely rejuvenated!
Benefits: Cucumber lightens, brightens, depuffs, and cools down the skin. Use this face mask to soothe and cool your skin.
- Peel the cucumber.
- Puree the cucumber in a blender. Use the pulp as a face mask or strain the mixture. Use the Cucumber juice as a face pack on your skin.
- After 15 minutes, wash it off after 15 mins with water.
- Use a chilled cucumber to depuff your face.
- Papaya and yogurt
Benefits: This face pack is ideal for moisturizes and lightens the skin.
- Take 2 tablespoons of papaya juice.
- Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt, apple cider vinegar, and a few drops of almond oil or olive oil.
- Mix well and keep the mixture in the fridge for a few hours.
- Add some glycerin and egg white to prepare a paste.
- Apply and wait for 30 minutes. Rinse it with warm water.
Many different ingredients and combinations can be prepared with fruits and vegetables to soothe your skin and get rid of dryness. Always conduct a small patch test before applying that particular ingredient on your face.