- What this diabetes actually is
- The health issues in diabetes
- How to stay fit with diabetes
- Foods to eat with diabetes symptoms
- Foods to avoid in diabetes
Also Read:- How to keep Your body in shape?
Diabetes is considered one of the most serious health issues of recent times. Despite being a common chronic disease, it gives people a grave threat with its lethal consequences. The symptoms of diabetes become more and more fatal with times if you don’t pay serious attention to this problem. From lifestyle to diet plan, people need to stay attentive towards their every step, once they are diagnosed with diabetes symptoms.
After getting ideas from several medical journals and advice from modern-age health experts, here we come up with some important sides one needs to focus on diabetic symptoms. Let’s check them out and make a brilliant diet chart to stay fit with diabetes like a pro-
What This Diabetes Actually is?
Diabetes is a group of disease that occurs due to the buildup of too much sugar in the blood. It is considered as a high blood sugar level and comes in three apparent forms of-
- Type 1 diabetes
- And type 2 diabetes
In the first form of the prediabetic condition, the blood sugar level of a person hikes a bit but couldn’t reach the level of type-1 or type-2 diabetes risk.
In type-1 diabetes, the pancreas starts producing less insulin or sometimes no insulin at all, which imitates the blood sugar problem in a person badly.
In type-2 diabetes, people start having issues in the way where the body produces blood sugar or glucose that hike the sugar level immensely in a person.
So, in short, diabetes is an issue of blood sugar level that can act dangerous over time, without medical attention.
The Health Issues in Diabetes:
Not meaninglessly diabetes considers one of the most dangerous chronic diseases of all time. It can invite a number of risk factors in your health if you don’t pay attention to the signs at the time. Some possible health issues we can have with diabetes symptoms are as follows-
- Cardiovascular disease
- Nerve damages
- Kidney damage
- Eye damage
- Eye issues
- Bad skin condition
- Hearing impairment
- Fluctuation in sugar level
- Excessive weight loss
- Urine issue
- High blood pressure
- Infectious skin type
- Damaged blood vessels
- Pancreas malfunctioning
- And the risk of stroke
How to Stay Fit with Diabetes:
To stay fit and get back to a normal life, you must follow a few easy rules and make a few simple changes in your lifestyle. They are-
- Check your blood sugar level regularly
- Consult a doctor immediately after diagnosed with the signs of any type of diabetes
- Start your treatment as soon as probable
- Take your mediations regularly in time
- Allow the insulin pump when it is needed
- Practice some mild exercise daily, which have a direct effect on our blood sugar and insulin level
- Work on reducing your stress level and practice meditation daily
- Schedule consistent checkup plan with a health expert after every few whiles
- Manage your diet attentively
- Avoid harmful foods
- Terminate unhealthy habits
- Control your food portions
- And start taking insulin if it is prescribed by a doctor.
Foods to Eat with Diabetes Symptoms:
With diabetes symptoms, one needs to eat varieties of foods that are rich in nutrition value but low in calorie value. Some preferable foods groups to get quick recovery with this health issue are-
- Nutrient-dense vegetables like broccoli, carrots, greens, peppers, tomatoes, corn, green peas, asparagus, cauliflower, lettuce, artichoke, etc.
- Fruits like grapes, grapefruit, berries, oranges, melon, avocado, banana, cherry, kiwi, etc.
- Grains like whole-wheat flour, bulgur, corn, whole rye, whole faro, barley, whole oats, brown rice, etc.
- Lean protein like chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, peanut, dried beans, chickpea, split peas, tofu, etc.
- Dairy products like nonfat components, skim milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.
- Heart-healthy fish like salmon, tuna, mackerel, sardines, herring, etc.
- Healthy oil like olive oil, canola oil, rice bran oil, etc. always in room temperature
- Nut and seeds like peanut, almond, walnut, pistachio, macadamia nuts, and chia seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Spices like garlic, ginger, turmeric, clove, cumin, fenugreek, cinnamon, curry leaves, etc.
- Herbs like dill, dandelion, basil, bilberry, chamomile, fennel, peppermint, rosemary, sage, etc.
Foods to Avoid in Diabetes:
What more important in diabetes is that avoiding a few certain foods from your eating list than including the beneficial ones. These harmful foods could trigger the signs of diabetes badly in your body and make the symptoms fatal for any diabetic patient. Some of the must-avoidable food categories are-
- Foods with trans fat like margarine, peanut butter, spread, creamers, frozen dinner, etc.
- Foods made from refined carbs like white bread, pasta, white rice, noodles, products from white flour, etc.
- Sugary beverages like soda, fructose, sweet iced tea, readymade fruit juice, cold drinks, sweet coffee, etc.
- Products with added sugar like cake, pastry, cookies, sweets, biscuits, candies, chocolates, sweet rolls, pretzel, crackers, etc.
- Any type of sweet even with natural sugar content like honey, stevia, maple syrup,
- Dried fruits like a raisin, apricot, figs, berries, apples, dates, plums, mango, peaches, etc.
- Fired and high sodium foods like fried, canned soups, pickle, French fries tortillas, packaged crackers, and readymade snacks, etc.
- Full-fat dairy products like whole milk, regular yogurt, sour cream, ice cream, cottage cheese, flavored dairy products, etc.
- High-protein components like red meat, fat cuts of ribs, fatty fish, poultry items with skin, pork, beans with lard, etc.
- And any starchy items like potato, pear, white rice, cornmeal, rice cereals, pretzel, millet flour, instant noodles, etc.
With diabetes symptoms, you need to focus on your meal portion attentively along with the food categories. This time a diabetic person must initiate a diet plan that could help them in shedding pounds in a healthy way. To get the fastest recovery period from the diabetes symptoms, one person should plan their main meal plate like this-
- 20% of healthy UN-starchy carbs
- 20% of lean meat,
- 40% of healthy vegetables
- 10% of fruits
- And 10% of healthy spices which help reducing insulin levels in our blood naturally.