Governments, authorities and the people are united in the effort to fight the Covid-19 Pandemic. Thus in these updates, we track the constant precautionary measures the government is taking. Additionally, we shall also learn about a new development to help us in the war against Covid.
- Total Recoveries stand at more than 1.25 Crore people. This makes India’s recovery rate around 88.31%
- In Kerela alone, the government is targeting around 2.5 lakh Covid tests in 2 days.
- Additionally, Dr. Harsh Vardhan (Health Minister) has assured the states of sufficient stock of Medical Oxygen. The PM has also called for free movement of Oxygen tankers throughout the country.
- Amidst all this, the NEET-Postgraduate Exams are now postponed.
- Additionally, Government of Rajasthan has imposed a daily curfew from 6 PM to 5 AM
- GoI has also sanctioned 100 new hospitals with their own Oxygen plants. This will be sponsored by the PM CARES fund. In addition, India will import another 50,000 million tonne (MT) of medical oxygen.
- PM has also ordered the free movement of Oxygen Tankers throughout the country. It has exempted all interstate movement of oxygen tankers from registration of permits
- UP Government announced complete weekly closure on Sunday.
- All Centrally Protected Monuments, Sites & Museums to be closed till May 15.
However, over the last 24 hours, more than 1 lakh cases ave been reported. UP, Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh have reported the highest spikes. The death rate too is increasing as we speak. It exceeded 1000 in just a few hours.
Medical Updates regarding Covid
We are on track in fighting this virus, with the Cumulative vaccination reaching around 12 crores.
- Government of India has also fast tracked the approval for the production of foreign made Covid-19 vaccines in India.
- Additionally, it’s also planning to double the production of Covaxin by May-June 2021.
- Indigenous RT-PCR Tests do not miss UK, Brazil, South Africa and Double Mutant variants. Any news claiming otherwise is FAKE.
A major update is the launch of the Long-lasting protective nano scale coating called the DuroKea Series, launched by Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually.
- It’s developed by Dr Jyotsnendu Giri and other researchers at IIT Hyderabad. Dr. Giri is the founder of EaffoCare Innovation Pvt. Ltd and is an Associate Professor in Biomedical Engineering.\
- Mr Pokhriyal said that the Durokea product is aligned with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Atmanirbhar Abhiyaan.
- This next-generation DuroKea antimicrobial technology starts at Rs 189, kills 99.99 per cent of germs instantly and leaves behind the long-lasting protective nanoscale coating up to 35 days till the next wash, he said.
- The unique property of the DuroKea range is to ensure instant killing (within 60 sec) and prolonged protection. This is the need of the hour during the pandemic.
- This revolutionary antimicrobial property of DuroKea products has been tested and certified by the Indian Government accredited lab and field-tested at the IIT Hyderabad campus.
These are some very wise steps by our government to combat the situation at hand. This is also in line with the government’s 5-Fold strategy of “Test, Track, Treat, COVID Appropriate Behaviour & Vaccination”.
PS. Get yourself Vaccinated ASAP and don’t forget……….2 Gaj Ki Doori Hai Zaroori!!!!